Which one is most interesting to you?

By : Forum Member
Published 9th February 2017 |
Read latest comment - 10th February 2017

A burst of completely different news all merged in to one.... 

1. Facebook has updated its ad policy. 

Facebook has updated its ad policy. This is to try to reduce the discrimination that ads can cause. Facebook is for everyone therefore the ads should be even to the different catergories. This change should help offer equal opportunities to businesses that chose to advertise via the social media platform. 

Great way to stop the potential favouritism if you ask me 

2. Wikipedia bans 'Daily Mail' from posting via their website 

Wikipedia the Internets biggest encyclopedia has banned sources from the 'Daily Mail' due to it being an 'Unreliable source' of information. This being because of its poor reputation of poor fact checking, sensationalism and flat out fabrication. 

Looks like 'the sun' is not the only one Wikipedia has spat their dummy at.... 

3. Disney CEO is keeping on his job

The CEO Bob Iger is extending his term at Walt Disney. Many are not pleased with this decision due to the disappointing results in the companies quarterly earnings which were reported 7th Feb 2017. Revenues for the worldwide brand fells by more than 2% collecting $14.8bn rather than the predicted $15.3bn. 

Poor Mickey can't take Minnie out for Valentines day now 

4. Starbucks offer immigration advice

Due to Trump's order to ban all Syrian refugees from entering the US, the company have announced that they will begin to work with young people to provide guidance for their employees through offering free legal advice.

Does this mean the coffee is free as well

5. Chocolate Bars to shrink by 20%

Brands include Nestle and Mars have reported that they will reduce the size of their chocolate bars as the 'sugar war' hits. This due to government targets to improve the health of many in the UK. This particular move from the government could mean reducing the size of bigger brands such as Cadbury... 

I think I'll just leave with that one as I'm feeling quite emotional with the last one

So which one do you find most interesting and why?

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments

Wikipedia  So finally they concede that facts are a bit sensationalised in the Currant Bun and Daily Fail, get away... 

As opposed to some of the more sales promo style facts in wikipedia! Thats when Jimmy isn't asking everyone for cash each time you log in...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments