Tipping Postman, Bin Men, etc

By : Forum Member
Published 22nd November 2016 |
Read latest comment - 28th November 2016

As I've been working from home this year I've got to know the regular postman.  I know it's rare these days to get the same one from one day to the next.  Now we're approaching the season of goodwill, is it still "the done thing" to give him a small present and if so, how much?  Is £5 considered mean; if he got that from every house on his round then it would be a reasonable sum.

He's pretty good, often ringing doorbell if something looks like it won't go through letterbox, instead of trying to force it.  Did have to stop him knocking glass in door and politely suggesting he used the bell......

The bin men aren't getting anything as I take my rubbish to the local tip.  

JuliaP
Comments

I'm afraid I don't ever have this problem as I don't tip anyone.... even more so postmen due to the junk mail they continuesly deliver....
Source: 1.1.1.1

Thanks,
Barney

I used to get on very well with my old postman and he got a card and his favourite chocolates last year. I've never given money but I am sure some folk give money still. I imagine anything is welcome. The binmen get a tin of chocs between them usually and we don't have a milkman! 

I think getting him a modest gift, e.g. a card / chocolates / something nice wouldn't hurt your budget and it will go a long way as a nice gesture! 

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

This Thread is now closed for comments