Social Media & Digital Marketing Apprentice help

By : Forum Member
Published 23rd June 2015 |
Read latest comment - 2nd July 2015

Hello everyone, I am an 18-year-old Social Media & Digital marketing apprentice working for an IT Support company called HeadTech Solution for coming up nearly 5 months. 
I have been enjoying it very much and performing tasks such as updating social media, Seo, creating presentations for networking events, photoshopping for leaflets and business cards, sending out email campaigns on MailChimp, Phoning companies to confirm details before sales calls are made and small tasks such as finding events and office errons. It has got to the point where all social media is just promoting brand awareness which is great of course, but I am looking to turn my social media activity into potential customers. is there anyone experience in this who could help me.

Kind Regard Ben Astell.

Kind Regards
Benastell_HTsolutions
Comments

Hi Ben, welcome aboard. Moved your thread over to our Social Media section.

I like the fact you are on a Digital marketing apprenticeship, personally I think these kind of apprenticeships are the future for a lot of youngsters. Hopefully it is structured, you are getting proper training, some cash and a full time role at the end of it. As opposed to slave labour!

But you are only 5 months in, sounds like you have been getting a good all round grounding, but have a long way to go.

Are you asking the question as an employee of HeadTech Solutions, or as a wannabe free lancer?

Or is it you don't think there is anyone with the relevant knowledge to train you, as sending out lots of self promo isn't the way to use social media, and will win few if any clients.

Social Media is all about engagement, conversations, building relationships. Brand awareness is part of it, but only if readers find what you are writing vaguely useful or interesting.

If Coke keep pumping out promoted posts saying "buy coke" buy coke" you'd soon switch off, unfollow them, block them etc.

Social media tends to help or aid the sales process rather than being a direct result. So it becomes part of your marketing mix. A lot of businesses struggle with social media because they want instant results. You can get these, but then you are down the PPC route, which is superb result driven marketing, but you pay for it.

Organic social media is more a long game approach, working in tandem with emails, flyers, PPC, etc.

I did a thread recently about starting social media campaigns from scratch, and what results they generated. I cheated by combining them with boosted posts (PPC), but it may be useful.

Starting Social Media Campaigns from Scratch

Any questions, fire away.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I think that Steve written an excellent article on how to start off your social media campaigns. If you ever wanted to set up your own business, maybe I can add something from my blog, which will help you:

Traits every entrepreneur should have

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

This Thread is now closed for comments