Do we really want our politicians using social media?

By : Administrator
Published 12th November 2014 |
Read latest comment - 21st November 2014

Most of us aren't stupid and we know it's not really the PM tweeting or chatting in a Google+ Hangout.

But having these social media accounts just invites ridicule and are normally cringe-worthy.

Maybe an official UK Government account, where various ministers and MP's are reported on or announcements made, but do we need @david_cameron ?

Here are the edited highlights from the PM's latest Tweet and Google Plus post.

What do you think, is this the modern way and we need full access to our heads of State in this instant media age? Or is it going too far.

Maybe he could start tweeting what he had for breakfast?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Slight change on the OP but interesting thought from one of the comments - bleating about the expense of travel - in this internet driven world would a conf call/skpe call not have saved the British Tax payer several £££'s ?

Clive

I think that we all should take advantage of social media. However, many politicians use it just as a distribution channel, pushing things out there, just for the sake of doing it.

If they use it to engage with voters and ask what their opinion is, in a more innovative way, then it will surely bring more value.

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

I think that we all should take advantage of social media. However, many politicians use it just as a distribution channel, pushing things out there, just for the sake of doing it.

If they use it to engage with voters and ask what their opinion is, in a more innovative way, then it will surely bring more value.”

just an excuse to channel anonymous abuse rather than engaging in debate. surprised spin doctors allow it to happen judging by the lack of control they have on commnets.

Shakester

And the hits keep on coming.... will MP's ever learn 

one rushed ill thought out tweet = one ruined political career and a trolls paradise 

Steve Richardson

Does this Labour team look like its heading for Government?

Our survey said.....  no

Maybe she'll defect and will become the next UKIP MP 

Steve Richardson

This Thread is now closed for comments