PPC budgeting

By : Business Start Up
Published 14th September 2012 |
Read latest comment - 14th February 2014

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with the best ways to manage PPC campaigns?

Thanks.

Onlineadwhiz
Comments
Just wondering if anyone could help me out with the best ways to manage PPC campaigns?

Thanks.

Honestly, just crack on and start doing it. Get yourself a free adwords voucher (google it), set a maximum budget of a

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Personally I tell clients to run PPC alongside and SEO campaign and once the SEO campaign matures you can then reduce the spend whilst maintaining traffic levels - always keep PPC as a backup as any Google algorirthm update can literally wipe you off the face of Google and if your campaign is already highly optimised you just need to turn it back on again

shaneparkins

I had some fun with Google just yesterday. You need to be very careful with the "enhanced CPC". I originally had this set on two of my campaigns and all seemed normal.

We didn't run the campaign for a week or so and when I topped it back up, the enhanced CPC had jumped the price-per-click threefold.

I called Google and they said there are a couple of factors that cause this, one is of course the competitor's current bids and the other is because the data for my campaign had gone a bit stale (in just over a week!) They recommended setting it to manual if you

neil@camisonline

Hmm likewise been playing with the enhanced stuff, but at the moment our CPU has actually gone down. Shall watch it like a hawk though after your experience!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I think budgetting at the start is difficult, given that as your quality score increases over time - so does your cost per click... So get stuck in to it, look after your CTR, it has a big affect on quality score... Understand how AD Rank works to make sure you are paying the right amount for the right position...

PS... Don't dip your toes, give it a real go...theres a reason google turn over SO much money... it works!

Thanks,
mattylad

I agree with "give it a proper go", and it does work. It saved a couple of my websites after the 2012 Pengiun update. However you can burn through money very quickly if your not keeping a eye on your daily spend. Check for keywords that are spending and not returning and make sure that you have display networks off until you become more familiar with your campaign. As for a budget start with

Thanks,
PromoParrot - Promotional Products & More!

This Thread is now closed for comments