food safety management

By : Forum Member
Published 31st January 2017 |
Read latest comment - 23rd March 2017

Has anyone here heard about a food safety management software? Is it an effective tool to manage food safety processes and does it address any concerns when inspected by FDA and other regulatory boards? I am really just curious because our family is planning on venturing into the food industry and i just would like to research more before we decide. I have been reading about product recalls, as well as the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), and a need to meet HACCP, HARPC and GFSI requirements.
For those who work in the food industry, could you please share your food safety processes? Is a food safety management software an effective solution to food safety management dilemmas?

redstone
Comments

Before you start looking for software, I suggest that you review the FDA rules / guidelines about food safety. There are a lot of things that you will need to learn and will also help you in selecting a software later on. I say this because when we launched a telemarketing campaign in the past, we went in too fast and did not review the rules and regulations on cold calling. We had to shut down the campaign and we were lucky to come out of it with warnings instead of penalties. It is hard to go into a business without arming yourself with all the information esp on the regs end. 

paverknot

Thanks for the advice. We went to a consultant last week and she helped us choose software for food safety management. It even has integrated modules for quality management, corrective action and audit management. We're still learning to use it though.

redstone

This Thread is now closed for comments