getting few hits

By : Forum Member
Published 16th January 2015 |
Read latest comment - 18th January 2015

I'm trying out adwords express, to see how it go, so far not to bad getting views but not many clicks and no phone calls, so how do I get more clicks that lead to jobs, so far only had 4 jobs from it.

what to change company name but told it very hard to do and relist, plus need better landing page on website

Views   2,177 Devices on which your ad was viewed 1,437 computers 244 smartphones 496 tablets Sources in which your ad was viewed 1,556 Google Search 621 Google partner sites Calls   Turn off call reporting   0 See how many calls come from your ad with free call reporting Learn more  Clicks   10 Devices on which your ad was clicked 8 computers 1 smartphones 1 tablets Sources in which your ad was clicked 4 Google Search 6 Google partner sites   Amount spent   £11.18 Search phrases   Send feedback about search phrases PhrasesViewsClicksbosch dishwasher repair2071oven repair1601washing machine repair1251appliances repairs841repair appliances331home appliance repairs231appliance services141appliance care131fix microwave oven91freezer repair service71Want more control of your keywords?1 of 175 View more search phrases View fewer search phrases Impact of this ad on your site   Disconnect Google Analytics New visits from your ad 0% Average time spent on your website 0.00 seconds Average number of pages viewed 0.00 pages

Thanks,
airkool
Comments

How long has the adwords been running? 

If the conversion is good, and your in profit, its all good. But I kinda agree with your feelings, you should be converting more (Getting more sales for your hits). I always feel this way - no matter what, and it's healthy.

If people are clicking on an advert, being directed to your website, whats the bounce rate? (They just click off). If most are leaving straight away - then you MUST address the reasons for it.

Look at your website, ensure it's clear, attractive, and fully explains the key benefits and products you offer (This could even be done with a picture or two).

As discussed before, we have a home made website at the moment too. It isn't ideal, and we're looking to replace it. How does your site compare to what customers are expecting to see? If you did a search for a product, what would you want to see?

If you address this, then the people clicking off your website will be less, and conversion may improve. I feel this may be the issue.

Next, are your adwords keywords and ad content reflecting what your site is saying, and the services you offer?

The First Choice for First Aid
From Cardiff to Calcutta...

Adword keywords are good and from the clicks I've had I'm already in profit which is great, I know I need to change the front page but not sure what to have am working on getting a couple of pictures to add to it of repairs that I've carried out as think that will look better that just adding picture from internet (google images)..

Thanks,
airkool

Yes. You'll get a response from keywords.

You'll take over your market if you sort your site.

Seriously, get your site looking like this:
http://www.repaircare.co.uk/

I know you cant do that alone. I couldn't do it myself. But, if your investing in PPC without investing in your site, you are losing a lot of potential revenue.

I am encouraged that your PPC is covering itself. This means that you have a good personality for when they call you, and your service is good, and meets your clients expectations. 

I promise you. Crack your site, get it looking pro as heck, and you will make a big success of it.

The First Choice for First Aid
From Cardiff to Calcutta...

we try find someone who can build a good website

Thanks,
airkool

Adword keywords are good and from the clicks I've had I'm already in profit which is great...”

So you've had 10 clicks, at a cost of £11.18, and at least one of those clicks/leads has turned into a sale.

Fantastic, good result. 

Had a play but not a huge fan of adwords express, but it easier to get going than the full blown adwords. The key to adwords is data. Keep analyzing your data and track your conversions.

Over time you will know exactly which keywords generate you the most conversions, and have a good idea of the cost per click needed for each keyword, and cost per conversion.

At just over a quid a click is a little high for us, but if you are converting 1 in 10 clicks to a decent paid job, then maybe this is spot on for you. 

All the data you need is in front of you. If you get high views and no clicks, your advert needs work. If you get good clicks and no conversions, your landing page is crap or sales process isn't slick if leads are going to a call. If you get good clicks, good conversions and are happy with the cost, then you've cracked it.

The beauty of adwords, it's no-nonsense marketing and really lets you experiment and try new approaches.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments