Google trying to be too clever?

By : Administrator
Published 27th December 2014 |
Read latest comment - 31st December 2014

Google is the king of automation and has an array of useful products and tools.

But this automated message on our adsense control panel made me chuckle

Now need to do some investigation as to why traffic and earnings were down... 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Google is clever... but quite buggy on the back end...

Our analytics have been telling us we're not getting hits (We are, and are creeping up the Alexa thingamabob.) It's a known issue.

Perhaps, some of the bugs may entice you to spend more with the big G? The only analytics I'm interested in is what goes into the bang, and how to improve it... 

The First Choice for First Aid
From Cardiff to Calcutta...

into the bank.... duh... damn my sausage fingers

You'd think though with all that engineering genius they would figure out a few specific key dates when you can pretty much guarantee the forecast algorithm will have a heart attack.

"if it is Dec 25, ignore forecast alert" If it is Jan 1st, ignore forecast alert....

Maybe I need a consultancy job with Google? 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

You'd think though with all that engineering genius they would figure out a few specific key dates when you can pretty much guarantee the forecast algorithm will have a heart attack.

"if it is Dec 25, ignore forecast alert" If it is Jan 1st, ignore forecast alert....

Maybe I need a consultancy job with Google? ”

It just goes to show they aint that clever them folks over there...

I think it's more to do with business naivety, or perhaps trying to holistically cover all business angles. Either way, a suggestion for a webmaster to personalise their own results by adding ignore points surely would be a good thing! 

This Thread is now closed for comments