Out of Office - on your website?

By : Administrator
Published 22nd August 2014 |
Read latest comment - 26th August 2014

We are all familiar with setting up our out of office messages on our emails and phones (when we remember!) But this is the first time I've seen one left on a website!

Maybe it's a good idea. If you have a number of employees and have a profile page, maybe they could show as out of office

Will confess though to struggling with just setting up an out of office with email, and the number of times I set the wrong month or day, or leave after I get back 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

I think it's better to mark it, especially in today's social media world, where honesty is very valuable asset. I recall a company being advised to do something wrong on purpose, just to apologise for it on social media, so that people can see that they really are natural.

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

I recall a company being advised to do something wrong on purpose, just to apologise for it on social media, so that people can see that they really are natural.”

The world really is going mad 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Seen that trick used in emails quite a few times - it actually gets annoying now when i see them.

Not sure i agree with a website using an out of office but i certainly use mine for holidays or days im in meetings.

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments