Marketing gimmicks work - thank you Nimbus

By : Administrator
Published 16th April 2014 |
Read latest comment - 9th September 2015

This is the second year they have done it, but I like chocolate, and they like marketing. 

Who said marketing gimmicks don't work?

Thanks Nimbus Hosting 

To be fair, they have been very good over the years, and a 1000% better than the previous hosters. So if you want reasonable low cost hosting, they are worth a look.

Unfortunately (for Nimbus) we have migrated the forum off their server over to our directory hosters, Rackspace.

So the question is, will I get a choccie bar next year!

Anyone else had any Easter gimmicks/marketing promotions come through? Or has anyone tried it themselves?

Be interested to hear how it went, did you get a decent ROI, or was it just a branding exercise. Would you do it again, or did you get your fingers burnt?

The chocolate one has been around for a while now, so anyone seen any other versions?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

They send chocolate bars to all of there customers? How much would that cost? Dont laugh at me but why send a present to someone who is already a customer? Wouldnt you send them out to possible customers? Oviously i have  a lot to learn 

Thanks,
Johno

This is the second year they have done it, but I like chocolate”

Ahh I see, I'm out of the office for a few days and you nick the chocolate!

Clive

Reminds me of a marketing campaign by a well known house insurer several years back.

They had just introduced a new buildings insurance policy and sent brokers a house brick to remind them of the new policy.

I'd broken 3 teeth before i realised it was a real brick and not chocolate  - lol

Clive

Obviously only Nimbus can comment on the ROI from their gesture, but this post itself is an example of a spin off ( unpaid advertising) with lots of forum members potentially viewing.

Even if one member took up their hosting services…...

Yep agree completely, and I gave them exposure on Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Looking at their twitter feed, it looks like plenty of others did the same, so a good marketing campaign.

Shall have to ask and see if they fancy sharing their findings with us, would be interesting reading!

Steve Richardson

Well guess what turned up in the post today!

Another choccie bar from Nimbus

After we migrated the forum last year on to My Local Services, we sadly closed down the Nimbus server, but happy to keep flying the flag, especially for chocolate  

Ahh I see, I'm out of the office for a few days and you nick the chocolate!

Even better, guess who's off again this week 

This is for you Clive...

Steve Richardson

now there's something ... If I were to receive anything from 1 of my providers I would more likely be more willing to stay as it seems most places don't care about you once they have your money

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

See what i have to put up with 

Oh well - im not too bothered - look what i have just bought 

Dont tell him they are in the works fridge! (well that is until i go home )

Clive

Not sure how I missed a thread about chocolate! I'd be sure to stay with a company that sent me free chocolate!  I'm also obsessed with weather to Nimbus is a very cool name.  

I'm also obsessed with weather to Nimbus is a very cool name.  ”

Finally, now I'm a happy man. I've spotted a typo  Huzzah, although to be fair its about 546 versus 1, so I've got a long long way to go to catch up...

Sorry Rebecca, couldn't resist 

Steve Richardson