How much time do you spend on social media marketing?

By : Forum Member
Published 12th November 2013 |
Read latest comment - 23rd October 2014

I have an enormous to-do list for online marketing, and of course social media is at the core... but it feels like if I were to do it all it might take over my life!

Does it take a while to start with and then simmer down? Or does it take forever? Or are there a few core things to begin with?

Any tips?

Thanks,
Eva
Comments
Initially you will probably end up with a bit of a scatter gun approach, then as you start to track and measure results, you will spot patterns and start concentrating on areas that are working.

I tend to have fits and spurts, and if it's been a busy week, normally end up with a social media friday

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I tend to have fits and spurts, and if it's been a busy week, normally end up with a social media friday

One of the (many!) reasons I like mylocalforums is that contributors are realistic!

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK

One of the (many!) reasons I like mylocalforums is that contributors are realistic!

lol, no I'm just too honest for my own good

Steve Richardson

Well, right now the social media marketing I am doing is not for my own business but for my parents. They are trying to start a small crafting business and I am trying to promote it hard here before Christmas. So far I have only spent a few hours on it, but Steve's signature reminded me that I need to set up a Pinterest page for it too...guess that's what I am doing next.

Layla

I spend 3 to 4 hours on social media marketing it ads good value to my website

Freelly Classified

I spend 3 to 4 hours on social media marketing it ads good value to my website

is that a day/week or month?

Steve Richardson

Mine is not so fixed like I usually likes to be active on the weekends and it depends on the mood that my favourite buddies or to whom I want to talk is online or not.sometimes it takes a while for me to be offline sometimes it continues for many hours without brake.

Markrichard

Interesting responses.

I use to spend a fair amount of time on Twitter in particular, but as it grew I started to get overwhelmed by the amount of tweets, so I ground to a halt.

I'm really trying to get back on the case with social media now though, especially Facebook for my business. I try and post something a couple of times a week.

Will_Authentic_Style

I am spending a lot more time on it lately, as it seems to directly affect my SEO. I don't knowingly get a great deal out of twitter / facebook, and I only have a small group of followers, but my own web blogs and those on other related sites writing advice articles is hugely time consuming but worthwhile. I stopped doing it a while ago and my rankings dropped, started again in December and they picked up. This time of year when its quieter I tend to do at least an hour a night, 7 days a week.

Heart and Soul Disco

This Thread is now closed for comments