forum avatar

Online Customer Support Usage. Poll

By
Published 24th May 2011 |
Read latest comment - 7th September 2011

What are "pro" and "contra" for online customer support on websites.
Do you use any online support tool on your site?

Please take part in this Shareable Poll and I will share the results in this branch.
Comments
forum avatarRuslan
3rd July 2011 5:21 PM
Here it is

41% already uses, 27% are not using but are going to use, 32% are not using and not going to

Nice results, pretty much confirms what we have been saying for a while, online businesses need to have and provide some customer support.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarmint24
7th September 2011 4:40 AM
having a customer support online for a business was a big help in order to improves the performance to enhance the highest level of customer satisfaction.

We have one, and with the products we have, it would be better to have one than not. It gives people a place to talk to us, and ask us to help if they have problems etc. We have a wiki that generally covers everything from point a to z, but having that support net makes a client feel that you care enough to have someone there, ready to help them whenever they need it, and they appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Probably the biggest area we get complimented on is our customer support, which is in its own way quite sad. The average expectation seems to be is you will get little/poor customer or after sales support from an online business.

Ever tried phoning Google?

Steve Richardson

Ever tried phoning Google?

lol erm prefer to plead the fifth on that one.

I see that a lot of sites are trying to introduce that "personal touch" and are trying to set up some sort of support page, but truth be told I feel as if they are just not really as interested in the whole concept as they are trying to show clients. Look at web hosting services for example. I hear people complaining about them left right and center. These companies need to have a support center in place, but if they aren't really interested in helping their clients, then their clients tend to feel that they are only interested in the money and couldn't give a hoot about any problems they might have.

"We" (collectively) put a lot of effort into researching and planning our customer support system and intend to focus on it. People don't seem to realize how important it is to be there for their clients even if its for petty little problems. The more you communicate with your clients, then better they feel about your company, product/service, and the more likely they will buy other services and products from you. And, more importantly, the more they will tell others about the brilliant service they got from that company.

Customer service might just seem like something that has to be in place because you own a business, but many fail to see the marketing opportunities it can bring.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Look at web hosting services for example. I hear people complaining about them left right and center....

spooky, was on one of our hosters sites yesterday doing a migration, and just had a techie question, clicked the "live help". Went through all the hello nonsense, had to leave email address etc, then "how can I help you". All good so far, asked the question, big delay, sat waiting... and waiting... then "your operator has gone off line and I'm sorry there is no one available to help you. Please read our FAQ's..."

Thought might have at least got a mail this morning with a sorry, or an answer..

Ah well, good idea, crap execution C- must try harder....

Steve Richardson

C- must try harder....

Where have i heard that before .......

Oh yea my school reports lol

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments