Vehicle advertising

By : Forum Member
Published 6th April 2011 |
Read latest comment - 28th June 2011

What do people think of car signs? Do you think they work or has that phase of marketing died out?

Thanks,
Kevin.Wiles
Comments
Think it depends on the business.

Prob worth it if you are a sparky or a plumber.

Tried vehicle wrapping on Taxis a while ago, expensive and hard to monitor results.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Biggest obstacle I would have is persuading my wife to let me put my banners all over her car

I wonder if a service exists to pay for space on private cars - now thats an idea for a business in its self!

highlandspring

Saw one car were it looked like the driver was sitting on a toilet, I assume he was from a plumbing company

Mark Pitts

One crackpot idea I had was to approach small cash strapped haulage companies and offer to replace their Curtain's for their Curtain sided artic trailers, so you get a 40 foot mobile advertising banner trundelling up and down the motorways, and they get new curtains for their wagons

Never actually got round to contacting any firms, but still reckon it could be a good idea

Steve Richardson

forum avatarMakeUsAWebsite
28th June 2011 1:49 PM
My wife does around 20,000 motorway miles per year...... will she let me put a sign on her car....no!

forum avatarTheBlogshop
28th June 2011 10:42 PM
I haven't tried it myself or worked with any clients who've tried it, but I can imagine for the right business it could be a success.

I think having the right business would be crucial, however - I wouldn't have thought an accountancy firm would have saw the same results as a sports news website, for example.

I would also say that if you're planning on utilizing this advertising medium, you work with a high quality design agency, as they're not only more likely to have worked on similar projects, but chances are they'll have a greater amount of experience in developing artwork for more unusual projects.

I would also say that if you're planning on utilizing this advertising medium, you work with a high quality design agency

Trouble is the cost, it's expensive marketing if you go down the vehicle wrapping avenue, which is what it will be if you use an agency.

This sort of thing is for brand building, as opposed to marketing where you can monitor results and get a return.

But smaller car signs or a sign for your own car would be a cheaper alternative, although it can look a bit tacky sometimes, with a cheap stencil on the back window...

Heres a taxi we had done when we were still wet behind the years

Steve Richardson

This Thread is now closed for comments