forum avatar

How do pay per click work?

By
Published 23rd August 2010 |
Read latest comment - 29th August 2011

I really have no idea about this but how do pay per click work? And how do you get profit by doing this? do you have to invest some bucks to use PPC in your website? Thanks for your help...
Comments
It's simple, you pay for what position you want to be in on Google, when people search your keywords, then everytime you get a click you pay a fee, which varies depending on what position you want your site to be in. We have clients from

I4Visual

It's simple, you pay for what position you want to be in on Google, when people search your keywords, then everytime you get a click you pay a fee, which varies depending on what position you want your site to be in. We have clients from

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarkiranraj
23rd July 2011 8:21 AM
PPC is a way of promoting your website with the sponsor listings i.e. paid listings in SEO. It is good for attracting more traffic & visitors for your website. And it converts into leads...

In PPC, You have to set certain budget for daily or monthly basis and then display your ads. You have to decide bid also for per click.

kiranraj

forum avatarlily
4th August 2011 5:14 PM
Hello All,
I also want to know about PPC and CPC so could you please suggest me any site for details of PPC AND CPC basics and using? note: m new to PPC & CPC m just know about its definitions and wanna learn abc of PPC.

Waiting for your reply,
Thanks in advance

Hello All,
I also want to know about PPC and CPC so could you please suggest me any site for details of PPC AND CPC basics and using? note: m new to PPC & CPC m just know about its definitions and wanna learn abc of PPC.

Hi Lily, to be honest, you are prob best looking through the adwords help.
AdWords Beginner's Guide - AdWords Help

For me, I found it easier just to dive in and start playing, set a tiny budget, say

Steve Richardson

forum avatarlily
7th August 2011 7:47 AM
@Steve m thankful to you for your help on this informative topic and share your thoughts and link of Ad-words Beginners guide... its really useful, & well explained...i just wanna learn PPC its uses etc for enhance my knowledge not yet for using conversions etc.

Thanks my local forums m happy m a part of this forum,
keep sharing,

Pay per click (PPC) is a method used by many search engine marketers to drive traffic to a site, They use PPC to either get more exposure to a top ranking site, or to get that all important exposure for sites that aren't yet ranking at the top for the key word phrases.

Anyone who uses PPC to drive traffic has more money than sense!

PPC should be used for one thing only, conversions! That may be a sale, a lead or some of action you want a user to perform on your site.

You only want low volume highly targetted traffic that converts. Any non converting PPC traffic is a waste of time and money, unless you are a big organisation with deep pockets.

Steve Richardson

forum avatarGuest
28th August 2011 9:57 AM
As Steve has said, do not use PPC simply as a traffic driver! It will run away with your budget and give you very little return.

The 4 most important tips I can give anyone starting out on PPC advertising are:

1) Choose your keywords carefully and make sure they are relevant to your products or service. It is far better to have 10 highly targeted keywords than 100 that are loosely related.

2) Choose longer tail keyphases - they might not get the volume of traffic but they will product a far better return. For example, if you sell LEATHER BEDS bidding on the word BEDS is relevant but there will be a lot of advertisers bidding on the same word so will be expensive and you will find that the searcher is more of a browser than a person looking to purchase. Look at keywords that are more descriptive such as BROWN LEATHER BED or DOUBLE LEATHER BED.

3) Separate your keywords in to different Adgroups of relevancy so you can get your targeted keywords into the Adtext. It doesn't matter if you only have 2 or 3 keywords per Adgroup. The more targeted your Adtext to your keywords the more clicks and conversions you will gain.

4) Make sure you are sending the visitor to the right page. If they have searched for a BROWN LEATHER BED they need to be clicking through to a page that has this product. If you send them to the wrong page and even your homepage it means they have to search for the product or service they were looking for. The more they have the search your site the higher the percentage of you losing them!

As Steve has said, do not use PPC simply as a traffic driver! It will run away with your budget and give you very little return.

The 4 most important tips I can give anyone starting out on PPC advertising are:

1) Choose your keywords carefully and make sure they are relevant to your products or service. It is far better to have 10 highly targeted keywords than 100 that are loosely related.

2) Choose longer tail keyphases - they might not get the volume of traffic but they will product a far better return. For example, if you sell LEATHER BEDS bidding on the word BEDS is relevant but there will be a lot of advertisers bidding on the same word so will be expensive and you will find that the searcher is more of a browser than a person looking to purchase. Look at keywords that are more descriptive such as BROWN LEATHER BED or DOUBLE LEATHER BED.

3) Separate your keywords in to different Adgroups of relevancy so you can get your targeted keywords into the Adtext. It doesn't matter if you only have 2 or 3 keywords per Adgroup. The more targeted your Adtext to your keywords the more clicks and conversions you will gain.

4) Make sure you are sending the visitor to the right page. If they have searched for a BROWN LEATHER BED they need to be clicking through to a page that has this product. If you send them to the wrong page and even your homepage it means they have to search for the product or service they were looking for. The more they have the search your site the higher the percentage of you losing them!

I spent a stack of cask on adwords trying to figure out the right combinations, then just gave in. This though makes sense. Thanks -

Paul Green

This Thread is now closed for comments