forum avatar

Video Marketing

By
Published 22nd August 2010 |
Read latest comment - 7th July 2013

Hi,

Please is video really essential to put place on a website? and what are the advantages and disadvantages of video on website?

I look forward to your response.
Comments
forum avatarKip FX Design
22nd August 2010 8:04 PM
Really depends on your budget, they are quite expensive and I cannot say that I have had new clients sign up because of ours!

I'm in the "not convinced" camp.

Guess it depends on the business, but maybe a video for more information, or detailed product info.

Someone suggested on another thread that video testimonials could work well.

They can be good for marketing, publishing to things like you tube, but for a new website, I wouldn't worry about it personally.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarjitendra1990
1st January 2012 11:38 PM
Videos can be a little more effective than image and text to get the message across more effectively, build a relationship with your potential customer, direct them to a call to action and in theory, make that sale you wanted them to in the first place.

This is because they are easy to soak up, easier to understand and they give out the most information using less time which can mean alot when the average user will only spend seconds on a website before clicking off it if he/she hasnt found what they want.

Videos can be far more engaging than massive chunks of text and poorly placed images

If you are going to use Facebook to promote your sites, the best thing to do is create a fan page first and establish a strong community. Get as many people as you can to like your page as well as your posts. The trick is to post quality contents. This will work like word of mouth marketing. Aside from strengthening your online presence, you also get to save your marketing money as creating fan pages is free.

esprintguy

We have videos on our site. Some people like it because in regards to what we've done because they feel that they know who we are a little more, they don't think we're faceless company and gives a bit more authority. But to be honest it really depends. If its a appropriate and done properly then videos are good.

Videos are expensive like Kip FX Design says.

Accounting Help

We don't have videos on our site at the moment but I can see definite positives to it. I think it can indeed make your company appear less faceless and (hopefully) more professional.
Also though I believe that if you do a good video it can have beneficial effects in terms of your ranking with Google. I'm no expert on this though and would be interested if anyone else knows more.

Azolla

It's all in the implementation. Taken as they are, videos can either be a great marketing tool or a pretty pointless venture, and you can only find out which is which when you consider a specific situation and context.

esprintguy

Videos would be good in your website if you want to attract more customers, make a good impression, tell them more about your company and gain their faith in your products/services to achieve sales. Videos help visualize what you want to convey to your customers and make it easier for them to understand and relate to. This way, it helps you create that initial connection with them.

printbucket

Any type of media can be good or bad for a website depending on where and how it is used. In general though, videos and extremely graphic heavy content make websites slower to load which is not necessarily a good thing with regard to sales conversions.

Scintillion

This Thread is now closed for comments