Encryption...

By : Forum Member
Published 13th June 2019 |
Read latest comment - 14th June 2019

Question, you visit one of those online insurance brokers sites.... take out an insurance policy and pay for it outright... and not by direct debit.... you make the payment via a secure encrypted web page...... and the payment is taken. Does the insurance company actually get your bank details and payment or just the payment?.....

Thanks,
Barney
Comments

Good question, one that I don't know the answer to. I am thinking no if the secure payment page is run by the brokers.

Well the reason I ask, is because I’ve just bought an insurance policy, but failed to tell them about an accident on 1st December 2015...  so they’ve told me that they are going to charge me an additional £100... my argument to them was, was that the accident they refer to, never had anything to do with an insurance claim... London bus hit my van, they called me and covered all repairs with a gentlemen’s agreement this was done... prior to the bus company calling me, I phoned the insurance company Qudos...other than this telephone call the insurance did absolutely nothing.... however they’ve gone bust and left a mark on the insurance data base... My new insurance company tells me they are just going to dive into my bank account and help themselves to my money.... so my query was how can, if as I say have paid securely online encrypted the entire amount... no direct debit...how can they get my bank details.... they’ve told me I need to contact the old company.... I’ve told them if they help themselves I’ll report them to the FCA

Thanks,
Barney

it really depends on how they are setup ... For example my website take payments but it is done complete off site. All I get is a reference number to match payment ...

Can a business store credit card information

Never store electronic track data or the card security number in any form. While you may have a business reason for storing credit card information, processing regulations specifically forbid the storage of a card's security code or any “track data” contained in the magnetic strip on the back of a credit card.

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments