Hoping to start a mini-series on these 'how much should you pay...' threads as the range of prices offered, particularly for services is massive!
So first up...Logo Design - how much SHOULD (not can) you pay for one?
Things to consider....
- How many hours/days would you want your logo designer to invest in your business and logo? What figure would that be if you paid them minimum wage?
- If you wanted to pay minimum wage, they would probably not be highly educated/trained in that area. Are you comfortable with this?
- What will the logo do for your business? Would you want it to last you years? Will the logo also be applied to print materials, clothing? (making getting it right first time even more important)
- Will the logo be the first impression a potential customer gets of your business? How important are first impressions to you?
- Is it important for your designer to take the time to understand your business (beyond just your industry)?
You don't have to be specific, just saying if you should pay 2 figures, 3 or 4 will do (£10's, low £100's, high £100's,£1000's). I'm hoping we can reach a fairly common opinion. Let the discussion commence!