Monarch crashed and burned

By : Forum Moderator
Published 2nd October 2017 |
Read latest comment - 5th October 2017

I see that Monarch is the latest victim of the budget airlines to go bust. I always feel so sorry for people who have holidays booked if this sort of thing happens. To be honest if you're actually on holiday and you can stay in your apartment or hotel room longer for free then happy days, the reality is probably sitting in an airport for hours or days though!

They have stated that the terror attacks in Tunisia and Egypt and the weak pound are to blame, so I assume we can blame Brexit for this debacle.   £291 million is quite a loss though, that was last year. I do feel for the 2,100 people now out of work, it certainly isn't their fault. I am sure staff of other budget airlines must be sleeping a little less soundly tonight.

Has anyone ever been trapped on holiday somewhere nice?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41464934

Comments

haha funny you should mention that ..We almost almost missed our flight back to the UK in June ..We went to the wrong terminal as we were sure it said go there.Anyway it was another so we ran/dragged everything to turn up with minutes to spare ..THEN my daughter gets caught with a South African ID book lol with a British passport and refused to let her though,he eventually let her though after I explained everything ...Got on the plane though...... just 

Oh and when I heard I thought it was going to be Ryan Air so was surprised

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Yikes! Rushing for flights is stressful, I'm glad you made it through, doesn't take much to raise suspicion these days. 

Ryan air are the pits, in my experience. 

Awful news about Monarch, such a shame

One of mates was stranded in Spain but has made it back ok. Must be a nightmare because I don't know about anyone else, when it's time to come home, I just want to get home. Particularly if you have young kids!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I've never taken my kids abroad so not had that experience, holidaying in this country is bad enough.

I had never (I think) heard of them before as I have never looked for a packaged holiday ,I always just look for flights as we always plan our own agenda. 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I had never (I think) heard of them before as I have never looked for a packaged holiday ,I always just look for flights as we always plan our own agenda. ”

I think I flew with them years ago to Turkey. I agree that planning your own agenda is way better though. I didn't know any better in my twenties though.

This Thread is now closed for comments