Communication in the Office

By : Forum Member
Published 21st July 2017 |
Read latest comment - 13th October 2017

We feel that having effective communication is a very vital aspect of a business and is essential to have if you want your business to run smoothly. We have even recently created a blog post about this on the Calibre Office Furniture website and would love to hear your view on this too.

From your perspective, how can one communicate effectively in an office? 

Look forward to hearing your views on this.

Thank you, 

Calibre Office Furniture

Thanks,
CalibreOfficeFurniture
Comments

Hi

I've just read your blog and I agree that email seems to be the most used method of communication in an office environment, but wouldn't it be nice if people actually talked face to face instead?! I'm old school I guess, and I suppose that as people are so busy, firing off a short reply to an email is quicker.

One thing I would like to discuss is your point about comfy meeting furniture. Imperative for long meetings, but not ideal for a quick chat or catch up, so do consider more stand-up meeting tables so that there are no chairs at all, just a tall table to put a laptop/notepad/drawing etc down on for discussion. If no one is sitting, the meeting will naturally be shorter and I am sure there is some science somewhere that says standing up helps promote new ideas!

Just a thought, but I think that a range of office furniture that covers all the bases - long meetings, short meetings, quick chats, 1 on 1 chats, have-a-quick-squiz-at-this-on-my-laptop chats - would be fantastic.

Many thanks,
Natalie - Your Local Girl Friday

This Thread is now closed for comments