Is a Virtual Office a good progression for me?

By : Forum Member
Published 26th June 2017 |
Read latest comment - 30th June 2017

Afternoon!

I'm having a small crisis as I have no one to speak to about this that may know the answer, hope you guys can help!

My small business is improving gradually, and I'm at the point where I think that some kind of expansion is needed, or at least look like I am expanding in the eyes of customers. I've heard about Virtual offices but I don't know if they are the next step? I've been looking around and found a couple fo great locations but don't want to take the next step unless it's worth it?

Any thoughts?

FrankieT183
Comments

A virtual office is the perfect way to go. You should be able to get short term deals and gives you the external impression of being larger than you are.

A lot of virtual offices will act as a mail drop for you, be your business address and also provide meeting room facilities so you can entertain clients and host meetings.

Then when you are ready, you can move to a physical office, knowing you have a growing business and can justify any extra expenses. Some small businesses now even prefer virtual offices, or have staff based at different business centres that utilise hot desking, ie a single fee for a workstation access, tea coffee, meeting rooms etc.

There are so many options now and the stigma of virtual offices and staff is a thing of the past, its all about flexibility and keeping costs down and profits up 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

A virtual office is the perfect way to go. You should be able to getshort term deals and gives you the external impression of being larger than you are.

A lot of virtual offices will act as a mail drop for you, be your business address and also provide meeting room facilities so you can entertain clients and host meetings.

Then when you are ready, you can move to a physical office, knowing you have a growing business and can justify any extra expenses. Some small businesses now even prefer virtual offices, or have staff based at different business centres that utilise hot desking, ie a single fee for a workstation access, tea coffee, meeting rooms etc.

There are so many options now and the stigma of virtual offices and staff is a thing of the past, its all about flexibility and keeping costs down and profits up 

Thank you so much for responding, what you've said is exactly what I wanted to hear! It's nice to know I'm on the right track! I don't really know anyone else running their own business in my social circle - thank goodness for forums!

I've been doing a bit of looking around at companies that provide virtual offices because I want to get started as soon as possible, and now I think I'm struggling because there's just so many companies! I was checking out some blogs about how to get a Virtual Office quickly, and these guys kept showing up http://www.msoworkspace.com/ , are they any good?

It's a shame I can't give more than one "Thanks" on a comment, otherwise I would give you all the Thanks!

FrankieT183

No idea about the company in question, I guess it will be trawl through reviews and do some due diligence. Google their address and see who else uses it, prob find some of their customers and ask them the question, what are they like?

It's a shame I can't give more than one "Thanks" on a comment, otherwise I would give you all the Thanks!

Very kind, always welcome to leave us a review on  Trustpilot  Could do with a few more 

Keep in touch, the more active you are, the more value you add for others who may have the same question but don't want to ask, or add your 5 pence worth to any discussions.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments