Brexit Slow Down?

By : Business Owner
Published 16th March 2017 |
Read latest comment - 19th March 2017

Hi all, may I ask anyone on here if there business has slowed due to Brexit? I am only just trying to get a feel of what's going on. I suppose different trades are different , however can any one enlighten me please.

Thanks,
weld-it
Comments

From our side of the fence (digital marketing and local authority trader schemes) we haven't seen any major impact yet. We seem to lurched from one crisis to the next since the recession really kicked in back in 2008.

Since then we have had doom and gloom, followed by the Scottish referendum (some of our business is in Scotland), Brexit and general political upheaval. The dollar has gone from nearly 2 to the pound to just over 1 over the last 10 years, with the Euro all over the place. A lot of our revenue is in Dollars and Euros, although it's working in our favour at the moment.

I'm not even sure what normal operating condition's are anymore?

I'm guessing a lot will be based on whether you either do any business in Europe, export or need to buy in materials as to how much it impacts you.

I'm more worried by a lack of credible opposition to the government, which this weeks budget u-turn seemed to highlight. With no serious opposition, regardless where your politics are, the governing party can get away with a lot more, with the current focus on small business owners

But back to your question, I personally believe there is going to be a financial impact for most people, at least in the short to medium term. I've no doubt the history books will record it as the best thing we ever did and it signalled the end of the EU as we know it. But I suspect the likes of me and you will be paying for the cost to enable the freedom of the future.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Not much different in my line but if anything it's picking up a bit which is nice.. 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments