Have finally moved..

By : Forum Member
Published 14th February 2017 |
Read latest comment - 22nd February 2017

so having travelled around the country driven something like 14000 miles, blown up one engine, viewed 46 houses, had untold rows with lying estate agents.... we finally move, biggest mistake was trying  to move ourselves... took 3 days, smashed a shredder and printer.... driving 8 cats 120 miles meowing the entire journey at all different pitches was no funny all.... 1 cat has been a pain in the backside and decided not to come with all of us.... but then changed his mind and is now sitting on his own in an empty house wanting me to go all the way back to pick him up....

Thanks,
Barney
Comments

ooo sounds like such fun Barney... 

Don't think I would have that problem as I don't like cats... did I say the wrong thing 

Good luck in your new home though!!

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

Think it might be starting of with a nightmare..... the estate agent I used to get a valuation on my old house has just presented me with an invoice of £1800.00 for introducing me to my next door neighbour even though we lived next door to each other for 15 years.... and it was myself that flogged them the house... the agent just did the valuation.... thankfully no contract was signed.... wonder whether this will go legal..

Thanks,
Barney

Think it might be starting of with a nightmare..... the estate agent I used to get a valuation on my old house has just presented me with an invoice of £1800.00 for introducing me to my next door neighbour even though we lived next door to each other for 15 years.... and it was myself that flogged them the house... the agent just did the valuation.... thankfully no contract was signed.... wonder whether this will go legal..”

Would imagine not - if there is no contract and he didn't introduce your neighbour as a viewing he hasn't a chance!

8 cats singing for 120miles - oh the joys. I moved 3 miles in August, that was bad enough !!

Hope you get straight soon mate.

All the best
Clive

Clive

wonder whether this will go legal..”

oh gawd not again! You'll need your own solicitor on the payroll at this rate 

So where about have you ended up and is this retirement/semi-retirement?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Moved to Holbeach, solid old victorian gaff with an attached annexe with a wrap around garden...Thinking ahead the annexe will come in handy for topping up pensions as there is a local college / university so plenty of students.... need to do a bit of work on the place and get some new windows as the original ones are still in place.....

The funny thing is, it takes me the same time 2hrs to travel from here to London as it did for me to travel 17 miles across London in the morning and at night.... and yes this is kind of semi retirement..... The government may want us all working till we're in our 70s.... but 55 suits me better thanks 

Thanks,
Barney

lol yeah moving is no fun ,we did a 10 mile move and it was awful. Next time we are getting someone to do it for us 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Congrats, I remember now, forgot about the Holbeach bombing range 

Get the annex ship shape and hire it out for us plane spotters 

I'll bet it's a different pace of life where you are now and the stress levels are lower!

The missus wants us heading the opposite direction to Cornwall when it's finally time to hang up the mouse and keyboard. Genuinely surprised how cheap it is, prob because it's full of old farts moving down there to retire so there are no jobs for the youngsters. 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Funny you should say that, its 30 odd years since I've seen a road like this..... can finally get into second gear

I'll bet it's a different pace of life where you are now and the stress levels are lower!”

Thanks,
Barney

This Thread is now closed for comments