Children banning parents from using Social Media sites

By : Forum Member
Published 3rd November 2016

Question of the morning to you all~ should children ban parents from using social media sites?

There has been a lot of uprisings recently about parents flaunting images of children all over social networking sites without the child's permission/consent. The argument of the matter being that the older generation of today's society were not being exposed to this particular type of public documentation. 

The counter argument however being that the images taken and posted on social media networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, are a way of parents showing their love and expressing a sense of being proud of their children. 

On average 1,498 photos are taken of a child before reaching their first birthday; all in which are posted across numerous social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter. The concern focuses around children not being old enough to give parents permission to post the photographs online therefore parents do not have the right to post them. 

In my opinion I think this is a silly argument, parents are the legal guardians of young children therefore have a say in what photographs should be posted wherever. In defence of parents within this generation,social media sites can be made private so only friends can see the pictures and statues you write moreover I do not see the issue with sharing a cute photo of your kids with your friends. With social media security increasing quite quickly it is highly unlikely that images can be taken from private accounts and put elsewhere.

So the question is should parents really be banned from social media? I think its all a bit silly to be quite honest.

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments
This Thread is now closed for comments