forum avatar

Email Marketing?

By
Published 25th September 2015 |
Read latest comment - 28th September 2015

Just looking for some advise on how to go about targeting UK Manufacturers and would like to email or send a letter to them explaining what my company does and have to offer. I have not done this and I have been very lucky but I would like to expand more now so looking at ways to do this.

Some people have said mass email marketing and some have said a letter to the companies? I am wondering what your thoughts are and would like to hear from people that do this?

Also if I was to go ahead what would I need to include as I would like to Introduct what my company does and what we offer etc...

So any ideas as its a new idea I am going into and want to get it right 1st time...

Also looking for a marketing company for some help so any recommendations would be great or feel free to PM me.

Comments
So any ideas as its a new idea I am going into and want to get it right 1st time...”

It's great to lean from the mistakes of others and listen to advice. But one thing I can guarantee is that you won't get it right first time

Successful email campaigns evolve, sometimes over years. Change a line, response rate drops off, change a subject line, your open rate increases 20%.

There are so many variables that there isn't a one hat fits all approach. It depends on what you are trying to achieve and expectations.

What you won't get is a flood of new customers from a cold sales mail. So normally the aim is to introduce yourself and try and generate a potential lead. The hook on the mail will send them to a landing page which will make them want to get in touch. So the landing page has to be incredible otherwise your wasting time and money.

I would concentrate on getting your landing page/site up to scratch first, so any new possible lead has the highest possible chance of converting.

Then decide on the mail message, short to the point. Then one of the hardest things, convincing someone to actually open your mail and not delete it, so a killer subject line.

As I've said before, when it comes to data, it's about quality. So you want highly targeted data, tailored to match your ideal client base. No point sending to a fish and chip shop, or someone like us who aren't interested in import/export.

Email campaigns are an art form, and big companies will normally have a dedicated marketing person or team to develop and manage them. So for most of us, we tend to learn the old fashioned way which is trial and error 

Sending snail mail can be a very effective way of doing things, but the cost obviously goes up as you have postage, mail merging, printing etc. Or another option, telesales, get a call centre to try out some lead generation. All depends on aims and budget.

Be interesting to hear some other thoughts on mail marketing.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hello Phillip

My initial thoughts are that you should consider multi-channel options of marketing with all methods working in harmony together to increase brand awareness, rather than trying to decide between one method over another.

Direct mail is still the most trusted form of marketing, and gives your recipients something physical to keep and read at a time when they are not being bombarded by online advertising campaigns. As with any marketing, it's important to include all possible response options and a sense of urgency with your offer.

I hope you find this simple guide useful

Direct marketing mistakes, and how to avoid them

I wish you every success with your marketing.

Sally

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

Also looking for a marketing company for some help so any recommendations would be great or feel free to PM me.”

Hi Phillip, I noticed your PM was disabled, so have enabled it so people can contact you, but your email is bouncing. Not sure if you are having email probs? Maybe add an alternative email so people can get in touch?

"Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept email from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery."

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hi Phillip, I noticed your PM was disabled, so have enabled it so people can contact you, but your email is bouncing. Not sure if you are having email probs? Maybe add an alternative email so people can get in touch?

"Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept email from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery."

I have spoken to Phillip - didnt see this before i rang him.

He is changing email providers so will be email-less for a few hours.

Anyone that has emailed Phillip over the last 24 hours please can they try again either later or probably best tomorrow

Clive

forum avatarGuest
28th September 2015 1:09 PM

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know my email is now up and running: Anyone who has tried to drop me a message or email I am sorry. New email is logistics@tier1logistics.co.uk

I have updated this account also.... Thank you for the marketing tips I will be reading them later on so again thank you.

This Thread is now closed for comments