CCHL - California Classics (Hull) Limited
For many years we have been building MGB Roadsters and MGB GT variants for the general public and the Trade too. We have gained an excellent reputation for superb restorations with many satisfied customers both in the UK and abroad. Anyone who has searched for a classic MGB, will probably be aware of the potential pitfalls and badly restored examples that are lurking out there to catch out the unsuspecting purchaser. In an effort to eliminate any doubts or problems, we have compiled a comprehensive rebuild scheme.
This method offers you the ability to have total control over the final specification, finally there is now the opportunity to have what you want, at a budget you can afford.
Each car is individually restored to your own specific requirements, you are then assured of having the car of your dreams with any additional features or extras you may require.
- 3.5, 3.9 and 4.6 V8 Conversion options
- 5 Speed Mazda Gearbox Conversion supplied
- Leather Seat Options all MGB models
- Alternative Carpet Sets offered
- None standard MGB factory Paintwork Options
- Multiple Alloy, Steel and Wire Wheel choices
- Higher performance Brake Disc and calliper Options
- Limited Slip Differential available
- Several Carburettor and Fuel Injection choices.
- Supercharger Installation offered.
- Suspension Upgrades, many available.
- Multi Exhaust Manifold and silencer choices
- Many Tyre combinations supplied and fitted.
For further details, a full colour brochure or even more information please contact
California Classics (Hull) Ltd
Tel : +44 (0) 1482 441 551
MGB Rebuild Scheme
1) Every vehicle needs to be prepared properly to enjoy a long and satisfying life. We completely prepare the entire surface professionally, inspecting and correcting the door gaps and the boot and bonnet lines. Even under the bonnet and inside the boot gets our close attention. Only when we are completely happy with the final result, the entire bodyshell is promered and undercoated before receiving several colour coats. Afterwards we spray a tough and resilient coating to the whole under body for long lasting protection, the chassis sections are independently Waxoyled giving the vehicle a total inside and out protective coating that will last for years to come. A new wiring harness is carefully installed.
2) All new brake discs are fitted along with new or re-conditioned callipers, barke pads and brake shoes. New copper brake pipes and flexible pipes are installed, these are complemented by a new brake master cylinder and new rear wheel cylinders. The clutch master cylinder is also new, along with the clutch slave cylinder and associated pipework. The new or reconditioned kingpins are assembled to the cross member with new or re-conditioned shock absorbers and the new steering rack is installed with new track rod ends. All new bushes are used along with new lower suspension pans. New link bars and rear axle straps are fitted and a new fuel tank, fuel pump and fuel sender unit is installed.
3) The engine and gearbox are fully re-conditioned, along with re-conditioned Carburettors and new or re-conditioned distributor. The rear axle is re-conditioned and new springs and U-bolts are fitted as well as new rubber mounting bushes. A new exhaust system is fitted from the Manifold to the tail pipe with all new flexible rubber mountings. A new or re-conditioned alternator, new fan belt and ew or re-conditioned starter is fitted, new air and oil filters are installed with, of course, fresh oil. New clutch pressure plate, friction plate and release bearing are fitted. The engine and gearbox sits on new flexible mountings and is connected to a new radiator by new rubber hoses. The propshaft is fitted with new Universal joints. A new water pump is fitted together with a new thermostat. New clips and fuel hoses are fitted and the new fuel pump feeds through a new fuel filter. A new battery is fitted together with new battery connectors and a new earth lead to both the battery and the engine itself.
4) The car benefits from new front and rear bumpers, over-riders, bumper fitting kit, new number plate lights, new front grille and new fresh air duct cover. New stainless steel trims are fitted to the sides as well as new sealed beam headlight units, new headlight rims, headlamp assemblies and seals. Wiper blades and arms, fuel filter cap, door locks and gear lever knob are all fitted new and are followed by new or refurbished wheels and new tyres.
5) The interior is now lavished with care and attention. The carpet sections are carefully applied to the floor and tunnel sections, the quarter lights are fitted with new rubber seals and a new windscreen laminated glass is fitted along with new surround and base seal. Two 'P' strips are fitted to the windscreen frame, the doors are assembled and fitted with new panels as are the front and rear sides and back section. A new crash pad is fitted, as well as new furflex inner door linings. The dashboard is assembled and new heater control cables are fitted with a new indicator switch. A new speedometer cable is installed together with a new steering wheel. New fully retractable seat belts are fitted along with armrests, hood tenax fittings and a new hood and frame. The doors are assembled and finished with new door cappings.
6) The whole car is now checked and re-checked and final adjustments are made. The vehicle is then presented to the Ministry of Transport Testing Authority for the final examination before registration and road testing begins.
After all this has been carried out and a multitude of minor adjustments, tests and verification procedures have been undertaken, the owner is presented with the keys, a photographic history of the assembly and a 12 month warranty. A jack and wheel brace are placed in the boot and the hand over and an explanation of living with a beautiful MGB now begin. Would you allow us to show you round our Dream Factory?
By Ben Thomson on 31st December 2020
Editing or updating this listingSelect here if you have forgotten or are unaware of any log-in details for this listing.
DisclaimerOpinions expressed within reviews are those of the individual author and are not the views or opinions of Lowi Ltd, My Local Services or any of its employees.
If you have an issue with any review comments then please fill in the review issue form and include as much detail as possible.
If you want to report incorrect information on this web page, then please contact us and outline the issue. We aim to resolve most problems within one business day.