willy wilson

By : Forum Member
Published 16th July 2014 |
Read latest comment - 29th July 2014

Why do most big companys make it so hard for the little guys like me.to get paid for the work we have done for them.

willy wilson
Comments

I think if you can answer that question, you'd get a flood of enquirers from all SME's !

Sadly big company syndrome doesnt factor that smaller companies dont have the large cash reserves they do and that they need paying the day they finish the job and cant wait 30, 60 or even 90 days for invoices to be checked in triplicate, or even worse you are stuck behind the company book-keeper that wont pay the invoice until they are sent the "red letter".

I thinks its terrible that big companies are accountable for a lot of smaller firms cash flow problems and payments should be made a lot quicker.

Clive

Best thing I ever did was to get rid of this 30 day credit both for customers and myself. I was forever trying to balance books. Once I'd done away with the lot both the bank balance and the cash flow ended up being healthy. And regardless of whether or not I'm dealing with another business or not, they still have to pay a deposit prior to me ordering anything and then the balance on completion. I'd rather lose a customer who insists on having 30 days credit than to risk losing my business. No point in ordering goods if you haven't the means to pay for it at the time....

Thanks,
Barney

Yep - we did exactly the same Barney. 

We scraped our 7/14 day invoices, for our big projects we still do have to use an invoice, but for the listings on the site people either pay online or call me in the office if they wish to speak to a human.

The hours it saves me/us chasing invoices is insane. Gives me more hours to give a better service and make Steve coffees lol

Clive

I guess its down to each business to what they sell/offer as we all vary.

In our case you buy at point of sale - dont pay, listing isnt live - simples

Because i'm creaking, currently i see an Osteopath about once a month, payment is at the end of the session. Did cancel my last one due to work commitments but did give him a weeks notice so all is good and there is no "surcharge" next visit 

Clive

I think 24 hours is inline with NHS appointments too, well my dentist anyway

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments