Businesses that aren't yours but you would recommend

By : Administrator
Published 15th September 2015 |
Read latest comment - 12th June 2023

The last thread we had by this title was started in 2010, and was getting a bit long!

Businesses that Aren't Yours but that You'd Recommend

So thought it was time to start a new one.

Zero self promotion will be tolerated, this is just a chance to recognise another business of any size that has surprised/impressed/amazed you with their customer service, efficiency or quality of products/services.

Feel free to add your recommendations below, and briefly explain why. 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
forum avatarGuest
15th September 2015 10:09 AM

Hi everyone,

I have to say being a voipfone customer it has helped me a lot regarding a business phone number and we are looking into the other products we can use from them.

If you run a company from home and don't want to personally use a mobile or house phone, I would consider there divert contact services. I only pay £2.40 for a landline number.

Hope this helps some members on the forum.

Had a pleasant surprise today from a healthcare salesman 

To be fair, rarely respond to cold calls, especially around insurance, but the appointment/lead generator was very professional and pressed the right buttons, so decided to agree to an appointment.

After some diary scheduling, arranged a meeting in the office today, only to realise I'm working from home today. Humble apology over the phone, and luckily the chap was heading my direction anyway, was actually 30 mins early, so offered to swing by my house.

Was in anticipation/dreading a 2 hour full on sales pitch, which in reality lasted about 10 minutes. Looking at my current policy and circumstances, his advice was to stick with my current provider for now, and he would touch base next year at renewal time. 

Thoroughly nice chap, proper old school, with customer service and reputation coming first. Would most definitely recommend if anyone is in the market for health care insurance or advice.

10/10 Keith Iliffe from www.wpa.org.uk

Steve Richardson

.... his advice was to stick with my current provider for now, and he would touch base next year at renewal time....”

He'll be getting your business at renewal then

He'll be getting your business at renewal then

If the price is right! But refreshing to meet a genuine sales bod who doesn't do the hard sell and is 100% honest.

Steve Richardson

Received e-mail the other day from TalkTalk, my personal broadband and landline provider.  They were advising of a price increase, but offering a deal if I signed up for a further 18 months.  Did a quick comparison and found it was worth doing.  Still a bit miffed I haven't been able to get a new router out of them in the 5+ years plus that I've been a customer.

Postman delivered a parcel this morning which I expected to be latest meerkat toy.  Instead it was new router complete with note inside saying that as I was "live" already, all I needed to do was unplug the old one and plug in the new one.  Like Marmite, they're not everyone's favourite provider, but I'm happy (now!).

JuliaP

Sutton Park Kia, is part of the Sutton Park Group who sell new and used Kia, Dacia, Renault, Fiat and Suzuki.   I've got a Kia Picanto 1.25 on a 4 year personal lease with a paid up-front service plan.  The company originally started in Sutton Coldfield, but bow has other branches in the Midlands.

Today is its annual service.  Picked up from home at 9am by very friendly driver.  Just watched video of part of the 25 point check; never had this service before or from Nissan (I previously had a Micra).  Now waiting for it to be delivered back to me.  Only gripe I've got is the previously free wash and vacuum now starts at £4.99.  Needless to say, I've said no thanks......

JuliaP

Only gripe I've got is the previously free wash and vacuum now starts at £4.99.  Needless to say, I've said no thanks......”

Car returned to me at 1pm.  Had been washed and vacuumed (although they'd forgotten the boot) at no extra charge.  Apparently I will have survey to complete about their service where anything less than 10 is a  failure.  The Korean bosses obviously set the bar very high.

JuliaP

Nail Polish Direct is a supplier of nail polishes/lacquers in individual bottles and boxed collections,  for well-known makes including OPI.  They have an easily navigated website and free UK delivery.  Postman brought my latest purchase this morning; I placed order Monday evening when they notified me the item was back in stock.  Great saving on RRP and £6 cheaper than Amazon.

Found them after reading Amazon reviews that some of their customers had been sent used product.  

JuliaP

Always try and use forum member services where possible, and very happy with The Legal Stop. Needed some new legal documents recently, painless, cheap and just the job 

Steve Richardson