USA offers to swap place with Scotland - according to CNN

By : Administrator
Published 17th September 2014 |
Read latest comment - 21st September 2014

I came across this article from CNN and proves the theory that human beings will just about argue about anything, nobody understands irony or humour any more, and Godwins Law is alive and well...

"If Scotland votes to secede, does that open up a spot for another country? And if so -- Scotland, can we take your place?

I realize that Americans fought a bloody war of independence from England in the late 1700s, but our rifts have healed over the past 240 years. In 2013, the Pew Research Center reported that England topped America's list of favourite nations, in a near-tie with our beloved northern neighbour, Canada.

In the past few years, as America has degenerated into political and economic chaos, it has become increasingly clear that we would be far better off if we apologized for our revolt against the Crown and requested to rejoin the United Kingdom.

There are four main ways America would benefit from unification with the UK: Brits have better health, less inequality, excellent manners and -- let's face it -- a superior culture. Let's improve our quality of life by joining them.

Want to live longer? Then let's become Stateland — the 50-state replacement for Scotland."

Full article: Scotland, you want out? We'll take your place - CNN

Stateland! I love it

Obviously the author David Wheeler knows what he's talking about and there's not much to disagree with 

But if you have a spare couple of hours, wade through the comments and they are even more entertaining, from chest beating USA patriotic fervour, anti English rhetoric to those that can actually work out a wind up when they read one...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

haha will read this will sure make my day! also if you want humour related things to the referendum, this had me in stitches. 

Louise
CEO Resonate Media

Fantastic! Found it on You Tube so have added it into your post 

Steve Richardson

Certainly been an interesting few months with plenty of discussion. Watching the news today, you can tell it's all over, they've got nothing to talk about...

Steve Richardson

This Thread is now closed for comments