Happy 20th Birthday Spam!

By : Administrator
Published 23rd April 2014 |
Read latest comment - 27th April 2014

Apparently commercial internet spam turned 20 this month, according to marketingland.com.

Some great stats getting banded around, 70% of all email is rubbish, and I think all of us suffer from spam in some shape or form, and hopefully don't contribute too much to it 

But my favourite bit is the link to the Sophos Website who do a Spampionship League table 

Quarterly Spampionship charts.

Interesting, you'd expect a few stereotypes to kick in, and never would have thought Spain would be the number 2. Good to see the UK isn't there, but that's probably more of a reflection of our slow creaking infrastructure 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Going by my inbox I would have put India first, USA second and the UK third and China fourth. No one else seems to bother me.....

Thanks,
Barney

I have to agree Barney, i get dozens of seo related spam to me from India

Wonder if spam trends depending on your type of business?

Clive

I think the problem lies, well for me I'm pretty sure it does, in the fact I contracted a Scottish SEO company several years ago to do a link building exercise for the website, only to find out that they had outsourced it to India cost me over £3k for this rubbish, because we were all led to believe that we must have links links and more flipping links. Have had a new site up and running for over a year, apart from this site and a few social media sites there are no links and funny enough there is no spam either........

Thanks,
Barney

Id say the top Spam countries have to be India, Pakistan, China then Eastern Europe.

Shakester

This Thread is now closed for comments