Forum Signature and Web Link?

By : Business Owner
Published 21st April 2014 |
Read latest comment - 21st April 2014

Hi Guys

Just trying to understand the system here, joined the forum yesterday and then later added a free listing which I then upgraded to a year for my listing and I see that is all there so great!

However, in the forum signature it says we can add a website link in our signature if we have upgraded, so can I add one or perhaps I should ask, what kind of upgrade seeings as you have several types

Thanks, Sue

Website Design, WordPress 1 to 1 Tuition, Great Prices, Fantastic Service
Sue
Website Design and Business Support Services | Hope Web Services Website
Comments

Additional question about the forum, how do we subscribe to a thread so that replies will be emailed to us?

Thanks, Sue

Website Design, WordPress 1 to 1 Tuition, Great Prices, Fantastic Service
Sue
Website Design and Business Support Services | Hope Web Services Website

However, in the forum signature it says we can add a website link in our signature if we have upgraded, so can I add one or perhaps I should ask”
Hiya Sue

If you take out a listing (free or paid) it automatically shows a link in your forum signature, but you need to use the same email address for the listing login and your forum login, otherwise we won't know they are linked.

You can set up a different email if you wish for any forum notifications, just edit your profile.

So your listing shows up, and a link back to your website (which paid listings get) in your forum signature, I have changed your forum login email so it matches your business listing. The password should be the same as you have for your business listing, but you can reset it here if you need to.

You can change the web link and anchor text in your forum signature by editing your forum profile.

Hope that makes sense, any problems, shout 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Additional question about the forum, how do we subscribe to a thread so that replies will be emailed to us?

Thanks, Sue”

Whenever you post a reply to a thread (or create one) then you are automatically subscribed to that thread.

Whenever someone posts after you, then you will see your unread subscribed threads in your forum profile. Any thread you are subscribed to which is updated within 24 hours and you haven't visited, will trigger an email alert.

You will only get a maximum of 1 email per day, sent at lunchtime, which will list any subscribed threads that have been updated in the last 24 hours.

This stops you getting bombarded with countless notification emails which used to be a complaint of other forum systems.

As before, any questions or problems, just shout

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments