Hello from a Mindfulness teacher new to business!

By : Forum Member
Published 17th August 2019 |
Read latest comment - 27th August 2019

Hi,

I am a Mindfulness teacher and offer courses in Surrey. I set up Mindful Surrey in 2018 and my aim is to help people reduce stress in their lives and find greater calm and joy. I have found Mindfulness to be profoundly useful in my own life and enjoy sharing what I have learned with others. I set up a website at Christmas and have learned a huge amount about editing it and also SEO. There is a lot of competition round me, and I sadly have little time, money and expertise in developing an online presence. I have set up an Instagram account this week. Ironically, developing the business and trying to understand SEO has caused me more stress but I am trying to remember patience! Look forward to being part of this forum.

Catherine

Thanks,
Catherine
Mindful Surrey
Share this post on Social Media or email
Comments

Hi Catherine,

Welcome to the MLF community. Stay share your online promotion ideas with us!!!

Cheers!!!

Thanks,
SteveGood

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your welcome. In what way can I share online ideas on this forum? I do not want to break any rules about promoting one’s business and am not sure how much I can say about my business here.

Best wishes,

Catherine

Thanks,
Catherine
Mindful Surrey

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your welcome. In what way can I share online ideas on this forum? I do not want to break any rules about promoting one’s business and am not sure how much I can say about my business here.

Best wishes,

Catherine

”

Hi Catherine, we want to know all about your business. Feel free to drop the website link in here, it is allowed on a first post. There are threads about social media where you can share the llinks to your pages etc. Are you on LinkedIn?  You should also read my AtoZ piece on here, it's in the marketing section I think, I think it'll help you.  I am always happy to help, so feel free to drop me a PM anytime.

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your advice and I will look at the places you suggest.

My website is www.mindfulsurrey.co.uk. It is about mindfulness meditation courses.

I have a feeling I am not meant to ask for comments but if anyone would like to look at my website that would be great, even if you just take a moment to enjoy some calming pictures!

My main challenge is the SEO and how to get people to actually visit the site. I live in an area with a lot of close competition, with mindfulness courses all over the place it seems!

Best wishes, and I am delighted to have found this forum.

Catherine

Thanks,
Catherine
Mindful Surrey

Thanks Catherine, I love calming photos. Love the website but the blogs are really short, SEO will improve with longer blogs that draw people to the site for information. Give away tips on Mindfulness and how to use techniques etc. It could be really good. Google loves well written quality content that is regularly posted. And I am not just saying that because I write blogs. 

The master of web copy.

Many thanks for that advice Rebecca. I had no idea about blogs and can easily make them longer. Would three or four times as long as they are be appropriate? I can also easily include tips and techniques. I really appreciate your support and expertise.

Catherine

Thanks,
Catherine
Mindful Surrey

Many thanks for that advice Rebecca. I had no idea about blogs and can easily make them longer. Would three or four times as long as they are be appropriate? I can also easily include tips and techniques. I really appreciate your support and expertise.

Catherine”

Minimum of 300 words, I would go for at least 500. And you're more than welcome, I hope it helps. Dont forget to put them on your Google my business page as well as your social media pages. 

The master of web copy.

Post Reply Post a new message to this Thread