Helloooo from Furnishd

By : Business Owner
Published 19th July 2019 |
Read latest comment - 22nd July 2019

So a quick hello from me.

So the spiel first

Furnishd is a business idea that has come alive over the last 6 months, however, this is a personal dream from our owner that has simmered for the last 6 years, and from that we have Furnishd, with the sole goal of providing you (the customer) a product that would "make your house proud, whilst keeping your wallet happy". 
With that in mind we have spent the last 12 months speaking with suppliers who can help us fulfil this promise, and this is how we came to be. 

I know you shouldn't paste from 'about us' but i gotta be honest i couldn't have wrote it better myself... oh wait i did

But, some history, i have run 3 online only business over the last good few years, back when the old dropshipping forum was online before it went AWOL, That first business sadly fell foul from my largest supplier going bankrupt from when the recession/bank collapse hit about 8 years ago.  Annoyingly was just getting to point where my partner (now wife) was getting close to giving up work to work full time on that business.

So for last couple of years i have been developing another online business and a white label product at same time,the online side is just a 'hobby' (im a geek at heart)  and it runs at break even at best, but its a good place that i can test things with and not impact my new business.

My white label is still in its infancy and here and today may never see light of day, but its something that i have always loved idea of , seeing my own label on a product that is selling into peoples homes.

So today, i find myself beginning on a n other e-tailer  business again with www.furnishd.co.uk and have had great fun (and frustration) getting this far (official web release is 1st August 2019)  and i would like to hope that in coming 12 months can see it slowly grow, i have small goals, if i can earn enough pocket money for a few beers a week and maybe cover costs of a holiday over the year then i will be happy.

So thats a lot of text, but its all about saying hello  and if you have a geeky question i would like to hope that i can help out a little way in this wonderful www

Many thanks
Furnishd
Share this post on Social Media or email
Comments

Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for the big intro, it's interesting to hear about your journey. When you say geek, what kind? 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Nice to meet you, and great to hear your story.

Whereabouts in the UK is your business based?

DesignWeb
Design Web

Nice to meet you, and great to hear your story.

Whereabouts in the UK is your business based?”

Im NW Lancashire, near Blackpool to near exact 

Many thanks
Furnishd

Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for the big intro, it's interesting to hear about your journey. When you say geek, what kind? ”

I would class myself as a 'techno-geek'  i like everything computer related, now i must add , this doens't mean i know everything computer related (they are way way apart  , but ive been taking computer apart and putting them back together since the 486 days, and working in IT i like nothing more than figuring out a problem, even if it means i have to up my 'Google-Fu' skills

But thanks both for welcome

Many thanks
Furnishd

Post Reply Post a new message to this Thread