New Cattery in Kenley

By : Forum Member
Published 10th May 2019 |
Read latest comment - 24th May 2019

HI just saying hello to everyone.  I opened Froglands Purrfection Cattery in July 2017 in Kenley, South Croydon, after retiring from the NHS, so still in the area of care.  We are a small family run cattery offering the personal service, we only house a maximum of 16 cats at any one time and the cattery has fantastic views across the valley too. Its nice to see others have done similar and hopefully we can help each other continue to grow.  Catch up again soon hopefully.  Chris Aitken: www.froglandspurrfectioncattery.co.uk

Share this post on Social Media or email
Comments

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. Great catteries are hard to find, I've certainly seen some not so good ones. Now you're nearly two years in how are you finding running your own business? 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Much to the annoyance of my neighbours...... I have my own small Cattery......

Thanks,
Barney

Sorry to hear your neighbours are not happy with your cattery.  Have to be honest I had no complaints according to the council when I put the plans in and have had none since either.  Hope all is going well though now? Chris

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. Great catteries are hard to find, I've certainly seen some not so good ones. Now you're nearly two years in how are you finding running your own business? ”

Thanks Rebecca.  I am finding it harder work than expected, but also more enjoyable.  Having worked for the NHS for nearly 20 years, I am used to caring as a Medical PA and I therefore am very thorough in checking documents and vaccinations, worming and fleaing, which most of my customers appreciate, just the odd one or two who don't, but to be honest I want good caring customers and building a good repor with many great clients and their cats.

That sounds ideal and if they don't like it then they are probably not the customers you need as their cats will infect everyone else's! I am glad you enjoy it. I think you did well to last 20 years in the NHS!

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Thank you rebecca, yes 20 years is a long time, but if your heart is init, it goes very fast and mine was and still upsets me how I was treated by management twice, but I picked up the pieces and bought myself the cattery in my garden and as mentioned previously it has a good reputation still building up but has 5 stars on both Google and Trust Pilot and good recommendations and have had some lovely cats to stay and met some great people, so it has its pluses and minuses, hard work, but great fun working for yourself too.  Presently my cattery is very full and very busy, so I must be doing something right and hope to continue doing so.  Many thanks again. Chris. Froglands Purrfection Cattery

Post Reply Post a new message to this Thread