Quick introduction

By : Forum Member
Published 18th February 2019 |
Read latest comment - 25th February 2019

Hi everyone just introducing my new Carbon Clean business. Hope to speak with new business owners about what's worked and what's not in terms of advertising and hopefully we can all help each other out. 

Thanks,
Carbon Clean Bolton
Share this post on Social Media or email
Comments

Hello and welcome to the forum. Personally I find Gumtree is brilliant (strange I know!) and Facebook is rubbish. It definitely pays to be on all the free listing directories like this one and to provide original and interesting content on your website or social media, so that people start to know and trust you. Maybe tips on car maintenance, or whatever is relevant to your service.

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Thanks for the info I've not had any luck on Facebook at all will give gumtree a go and see how that works out. 

Thanks,
Carbon Clean Bolton

Thanks for the info I've not had any luck on Facebook at all will give gumtree a go and see how that works out"
I guess you need to think about who your ideal customer is and then work out where they are! Sometimes it's a bit of trial and error. 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Welcome aboard 

Hope to speak with new business owners about what's worked and what's not in terms of advertising and hopefully we can all help each other out. ”

The age old question, if only it could be solved with a silver bullet!

As always, it depends on market, demographics, product, location, budget and myriad of other factors. I'm actually a fan of Facebook and think it works well for business, but it doesn't suit everyone.

Cast a wide net, digital marketing can be the most cost effective, so a decent optimised website with plenty of fresh content backed up with an active social media campaign. But a lot of businesses thrive on doorstep leaflet campaigns and cards in shop windows.  But above all, marketing is a cost, so it needs a budget. The bigger the budget, the more options become available. 

Hopefully our Sales and Marketing section will give you a starter for 10, but feel free to pose any questions and learn from our mistakes

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Post Reply Post a new message to this Thread