Check out our new platform - Helper.community

By : Business Owner
Published 25th September 2018 |
Read latest comment - 4th October 2018

Hi all, 

We have recently launched a new online service with the social care sector that enables people to find, book and pay for care online. I thought I would take a moment to tell this local services forum about helper.community and our mission to enable people to have more choice and control over their own or their loved ones care requirements. 

We have built the platform to take the stress and expense out of dealing with agency care and also enable a better easier way for people to manage their care. 

With our platform you can search for carers, book visits and pay. We also provide tools to enable family members to do this on behalf of the loved one who needs the care, if they aren't able to do it all themselves. 

Check out helper.community

We would welcome your feedback and comments if you visit our contact us page here

Thanks and I hope your businesses are doing well.

Thanks,
Helper.c
helper community
Share this post on Social Media or email
Comments

Hello and welcome to the forum. That's a really great idea for a service. When my mum needed care it was a total headache, they turned up at different times every day and it was different people quite often and just a real nightmare all in all. In fact she ended up cancelling it all before she should have, when really this puts a lot more pressure on my dad. But the cost mounts up and when is not a great service I can see why she wanted to stop it . So any improvement is definitely welcomed. I will keep your website in mind for the future. I noticed something about respite care, do you have info on respite carers or respite homes? 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Welcome aboard. Lovely concept and seems a well laid out site from a quick look.

So is this a social enterprise or a revenue generating business?

I think the private sector needs to get involved and show innovation whilst maintaining a profit to be viable, but must be hard to balance priorities over welfare and revenue? I'd end up doing it all for free  and going bust in 2 months!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I will keep your website in mind for the future. I noticed something about respite care, do you have info on respite carers or respite homes? 

”

Thanks for the welcome. 

So we provide you or your loved one with carers local to you. In terms of respite that is definitely something we can provide, as our carers can work hourly or up to full time depending on your needs or requirements. As respite is short term its very much apart of our care model. We aren't in anyway connected to care homes or organisations that form homes for elderly. Our model currently supports people that need care in their own home. We are looking at ways we can cater for different requirements so we will make a note of your feedback. Thanks once again.

Thanks,
Helper.c
helper community

Welcome aboard. Lovely concept and seems a well laid out site from a quick look.

So is this a social enterprise or a revenue generating business?

I think the private sector needs to get involved and show innovation whilst maintaining a profit to be viable, but must be hard to balance priorities over welfare and revenue? I'd end up doing it all for free  and going bust in 2 months!”

Hi, yes we are a revenue generating business, by keeping admin costs lower we aim give people access to and put more control into care. I agree it's a very challenging sector to ensure people have access and are safeguarded. Yet with our platform we hope to do that, as the advantages of using technology in care and online care services are currently few and far between. We hope we won't be going bust!

Thanks for your kind comments and feedback. 

Thanks,
Helper.c
helper community

Thanks for the welcome. 

So we provide you or your loved one with carers local to you. In terms of respite that is definitely something we can provide, as our carers can work hourly or up to full time depending on your needs or requirements. As respite is short term its very much apart of our care model. We aren't in anyway connected to care homes or organisations that form homes for elderly. Our model currently supports people that need care in their own home. We are looking at ways we can cater for different requirements so we will make a note of your feedback. Thanks once again.

Thanks, I am trying to look into options to give my Dad a break as my mum is now refusing to go to a respite place for a week like she used to, and their funding got cut for it as well. I am sure she would rather be in her own home, but she isn't ever good at admitting she needs help but my poor Dad needs some time away I think. 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Post Reply Post a new message to this Thread