Bird and pest control

By : Forum Member
Published 31st August 2018 |
Read latest comment - 11th September 2018

Hi all 

Decided to start out on my own after a number of years working for a national company. 

Feel like I can give more to the customer by working for myself. But any advice on how to get it going would be very much appreciated 

Thank you in advance 

Share this post on Social Media or email
Comments

Hello and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on starting up your own business, it's hard but very rewarding. 

Get yourself listed on all the free business listing sites. Places like Gumtree and Shpock are also worth using I find. Have a decent social media presence with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. accounts, which you post regular content to. Have a professional and accurate website that's informative and ensures people have a call to action (click for a quote/call for a quote etc.) And if you can have regular content on it, perhaps a blog about tips on dealing with pests, or interesting facts about bugs etc. Become an expert in your field. Google likes be content and regular updates on websites.

For your type of business leaflet drops may be worthwhile too. 

Good luck with it all and this forum is here to help so please ask anything you need to and there's sure to be someone on here with advice or a recommendation. 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Yep, I agree with everything Rebecca said, plus: always advertise - even having logos on your jumper and car helps - and always talk about your business (but not in an annoying way) so that people are aware of what you do and can chat to others about you. Get reviews and testimonials and offer a discounted 'new customer' fee and a discount if a client recommends you to others. 

Start with a leaflet drop to locals and harp on about the fact that you are 'local'. People love 'local'! 

Good luck 

Many thanks,
Natalie - Your Local Girl Friday
Who is Natalie? Ltd

Very best of luck 

You're in for an exciting rollercoaster! Stay in touch, plenty of help and advice here, learn from the mistakes of others.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hi Alpha

How's business going?

Many thanks,
Natalie - Your Local Girl Friday
Who is Natalie? Ltd

Post Reply Post a new message to this Thread