RL GARDEN & DIY SERVICES

By : Forum Member
Published 27th August 2018 |
Read latest comment - 11th September 2018

Hi,

i have just recently started up my own business doing handyman services and landscaping services.

I do ranges of thing from.  Garden projects- leveling gardens, building walls, rockery, plant shrubs, removing any raised grounds, fencing panelling or slats in different shapes and sizes.

I carry out work interior and exterior on any properties - general maintenance,  painting, sealing leaks, put shelves up, changing old skirting or old doors and replace wih new to your choices, laying down tiles or any kinds of floorings.

There are a lot more that i can do.

I am based in gwynedd area and would like to get my business out there and reaching out with different comunities around the area. 

I hope putting my add on here will help inprove my rating of comunities or to get more people intrested on a reasonable price list of any aspect of work.

cheers 

rob  of  Rl garden & diy services

Share this post on Social Media or email
Comments

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on branching out with your own business. I took a quick look at your website, is the headline supposed to say Here FOR your daily needs ? Here to your daily needs doesn't really make sense. I am guessing spelling and grammar aren't your thing as you're a practical person, I imagine your gardening skills are awesome. If you need any help with the wording let me know. It is a small site, it wouldn't cost much, but I would recommend getting someone to look at it to ensure you look professional online. I am sure once you get a client your work will then speak for itself. I hope you don't mind me commenting on the website. 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on branching out with your own business. I took a quick look at your website, is the headline supposed to say Here FOR your daily needs ? Here to your daily needs doesn't really make sense. I am guessing spelling and grammar aren't your thing as you're a practical person, I imagine your gardening skills are awesome. If you need any help with the wording let me know. It is a small site, it wouldn't cost much, but I would recommend getting someone to look at it to ensure you look professional online. I am sure once you get a client your work will then speak for itself. I hope you don't mind me commenting on the website. 

”

hi Rebecca, 

In the headline of my website " For your Daily needs"  means that you do need someone to maintain something daily in your property or businesses these days. so thats why i did that headline. everyone  has a different approach towards opening a headline. i wanted to pick something different that works. 

yes my website is small at the moment becauze i am new building a website. but after time it will get bettered further on and with more gallery photos too. 

i do have a facebook page too at - rl garden & diy services.  please feel free to check that out please and hit the like button.  

No not at all i dont mind anyone commenting on my forum and about my business, i prefer a honesty opinions on different ideas or advices. like i said i am new. But in my life and from day to day work i learn something new everyday, that goes to everyone else . 
my business is fresh but i hope to enhancethe opening and boost it up as quickly as possible  to help experience new opportunities ahead of me. 

cheers

rl garden & diy services 

But Rob, it doesn't say Here for your daily needs, it says Here to your daily needs .That was my point.  And the size of your site isn't a problem, more the spelling and grammar issues. Sorry for any confusion. 

Good luck with your business moving forward. 

The master of web copy.

Hi Rob

had a quick look at your site and seen another error on the about me page ......sorry..I see it as letting you know than let the mistake go unnoticed

Properties and innthe winter or when its raining i will be working infoors

Hi Rob

Do a deal with Rebecca and get her to proofread your website. It won't cost the earth and will save you business that you might otherwise lose because they are put off by spelling mistakes etc.

Give yourself the best possible chance at growing your business by making your website work for you. It is your 'shop window' and unless it is spot-on, it is pointless having it.

Good luck with it all!

Many thanks,
Natalie - Your Local Girl Friday
Who is Natalie? Ltd

hi Natalie, 

you do have a point but thats only a draft website to be honest. in middle of making a better one.

Hi Rob

Do a deal with Rebecca and get her to proofread your website. It won't cost the earth and will save you business that you might otherwise lose because they are put off by spelling mistakes etc.

Give yourself the best possible chance at growing your business by making your website work for you. It is your 'shop window' and unless it is spot-on, it is pointless having it.

Good luck with it all!

”

Ok I’m sitting on the fence on this... But to me your domain name is rather a long drawn out bunch of letters all ramshackled together...... no one other than you will ever remember it.... just keep it simple and to the point.....mcdonalds..... use McDonalds.com..... they don’t use McDonaldsbigmacandfrieswithapplepie.com . everything looks amateurish, the YouTube video looks and sounds awful.... dreary music and library pictures..  Also on your info page on this site... it says on Monday’s you’re only available till 14:00pm why? It looks odd, especially if you’re working till 19:00pm on Wednesday evening... lastly when you advertise that you only take cash.... it sounds as though you’re trying to avoid the man from the tax office... not a good start to business...... offer bacs payments even card payment machines can be used for not much money... definitely keep business separate from personal....... But as I said I’m sitting on the fence..

Thanks,
Barney

That's some pretty harsh feedback Barney, and I'm sure you're not intentionally accusing Rob of anything but it's come over very negative. We all started somewhere and I'm sure we've all learnt a lot along the way. I do think accepting only cash can give people the wrong idea, I know my parents avoid businesses like that for that reason. 

Please try and keep within the spirit of the forum and keep it friendly and supportive. This is meant to be positive environment for everyone. 

The master of web copy.

Sorry, have to disagree with you Rebecca.... I’m not here touting for business... But at the end of the day, it’s best to be upfront and honest..... The way you and the other poster came across as if he spends a few quid on his grammar errors everything will be alright..... It won’t, he’ll have a website that will be near as word perfect.... and he’ll be a few £££s lighter..... But will he get any return?..... nope... So what’s the point? None... he’ll just end up with his expectations dashed.....and will end up disappointed.... having spent money... Personally I think he should start afresh from scratch, doesn’t need to cost the earth, but keep it simple.... As to your other point... erm yes, I wished to god someone told me from the outset, that everything I had done to a 3 page website 18 years ago was wrong..... it would have saved me both time and money...

Thanks,
Barney

Post Reply Post a new message to this Thread