Artificial Grass by Wonderlawn

By : Business Owner
Published 10th July 2018 |
Read latest comment - 13th July 2018

Hi everyone, just filled out the form to list my business and it recomended posting in this thread, so here I am!

I represent Wonderlawn, an artificial grass installation company based in Newcastle, but we service the whole of the UK. We produce our own premium artificial grass with unique grass shapes and install it.

If any of you have considered installing artificial grass and have questions, please ask away and I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Many thanks

Thanks,
Wonderlawn artificial grass installation
Wonderlawn Artificial grass installation
Share this post on Social Media or email
Comments

Hi there welcome to the forum

I have a question or 2 ...How do you keep the grass from moving ... What is it like in a garden that virtually floods every winter as we are on clay ground ... How do you manage to keep it level though out the years as surely the sand underneath  moves ..Can you still light fires etc ..I'm a South African and braaing (BBQ) is a staple diet and how much does it cost per meter

thanks

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the welcome!

You can see the whole installation process here. All of that stops the grass from moving. The sub base, aggregate and a slight camber will help with your flooding issue (or are you talking monsoon type rain here?), allowing the lawn to drain properly.

We don't use sand in our base, as you're right it moves, washes away, allows pits and hills to form. Other companies will also install a wooden base, that the grass is screwed in to, which again will rot over time and cause movement. So we don't do that!

As for lighting fires, our lawns can withstand temps of up to 80 degress C, but I wouldn't be lighting them on fire!

We're based in the UK though, so not currently installing in South Africa, but we have installed some in Dubai.

Hope that answers everything!

Thanks

Thanks,

Hi

I live in the UK lol ..Down South .. I don't actually light a fire on the ground ,just the normal way. I meant more on sparks etc and bit of fat falling down you know the usual things that happen when you light a fire.

Every winter our back garden gets like a mud patch which is why I am thinking of getting it done as i'm hoping the drainage would be better

How much would it roughly cost for a area of 25 square meters

thanks

Hi Andy,

Ah that's great! Yes you'd be fine with the odd spark or dripping fat here and there!

Yes the conditions in the UK are either brown patchy grass in the summer or mud pools in the winter!

If you fill in the quote form on our website, one of the sales people will be able to let you know the cost of your installation.

Many thanks!

Thanks,

Hello and welcome to the forum! My parents moved into a house with artificial lawn but it's not been done well. It has weeds growing through it, any tips? 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader and Copywriter
The master of web copy.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for the welcome!

Two main things cause weeds in artificial grass: One is airborne seeds that land on your lawn and embed themselves between the blades. You can just pull these out as soon as you see them without many problems.

Unfortunately I think your parents have a deeper problem, in that the base work hasn't been prepared correctly. This means that there is probably the wrong kind, or no weed proof membrane below your artificial grass. The bad news is to fix it, it requires lifting the lawn and installing a proper base and new grass on top, or the weeds are just going to come back as they would with regular turf.

If they'd like a free quote for a new artificial lawn they can send a message and I'll see it's sorted out quickly for you.

Thanks

Thanks,

Post Reply Post a new message to this Thread