Hello from She Moves South Wales

By : Forum Member
Published 2nd December 2017 |
Read latest comment - 12th December 2017

Hello  Just wanted to introduce myself and my business. I am Donna from Pontypridd in South Wales and I run and operate my own Female Removal and Courier Service - She Moves. Been in businesses now since April and getting there slowly. Any tips on good advertising/Marketing would be much appreciated. ;)

Thanks,
She Moves
She Moves
Share this post, email or print
Comments

Hi Donna, 

Welcome to the forum. What a great name and logo for your business, I love it! 

Tips wise, take a look in the marketing area of the forum for some great info. Being on all the free listings sites, Facebook and other social media as well as regular content on your website like a blog will all help. 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader Extraordinaire
Anarchy is as detestable in grammar as it is in society. Maurice Druon.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Welcome aboard She Moves! That's a really cool name for your business. Another tip is to join different FB groups related to your niche. That will give you more leads.

redstone

Welcome aboard Donna and congratulations on the leap into self employment 

I'm guessing the Female removals aspect is your USP. So are you primarily targeting women? Is this a particular niche market that you can dominate? ie did your research before you started trading show that there is an actual market for you to tap into?

My only worry would be you could be alienating or losing out on 50% of your potential client base?

If there is a viable market, then maybe focus on more female biased channels like Mums Net, talk to local groups where women are more likely to hang out, thinking baby groups, kids clubs etc. Can you put flyers up, start building word of mouth. Maybe approach local businesses looking for regular contracts. Maybe the female only angle could be mutually newsworthy and generate some local media? Look for synergy with female related businesses.

Remember to track and record all activity. Learn what works and what doesn't. Concentrate on the things that do work and fine tune. Key is to test and measure, be it a Facebook group or flyers. If it's not working move onto something that is.

Hope that helps and best of luck. Let us know how your getting on 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Thanks for the feed back and advise.. 

I did write a long reply, but it hasn’t loaded!? 

Thanks,
She Moves
She Moves

I did write a long reply, but it hasn’t loaded!? ”

That's annoying!! It's not been suspended or anything so you might have to write it again. Sorry! 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader Extraordinaire
Anarchy is as detestable in grammar as it is in society. Maurice Druon.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

I did write a long reply, but it hasn’t loaded!? ”

Oh no  There was no sign of it in the moderation queue. Give you computer a kick or try swearing, normally works for me.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn