Barking Mad in the Scottish Borders

By : Forum Member
Published 26th October 2017 |
Read latest comment - 6th December 2017

My name is Donna Macaulay and I have become the proud owner of Barking Mad in the Scottish Borders. I am operating a Dog Holiday business where customers dogs are allocated to loving host families whilst their owners are on holiday. It's "win win win" really as my customers find  a home from home for their dog and my hosts share their love of dogs by joining our host community. And more importantly the dogs are happy.

Share this post, email or print
Comments

Welcome to the forum Donna, what a really lovely idea! I've seen recently adverts for a company where you get matched with a dog to take for walks, and I guess this is the next step up! A dog for short periods! I think it's a great idea as some people enjoy dogs but can't commit to owning one permanently for various reasons and owners don't need to worry about them being sad in a kennels. Have you been going long? 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader Extraordinaire
Anarchy is as detestable in grammar as it is in society. Maurice Druon.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Hi Donna welcome aboard 

Great name and love the concept. Is it going down well with customers?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hi Steve

Thanks for the welcome. Yes slow but steady. I am concentrating on developing a host community as hosts are crucial and the mainstay of the business. Lots of marketing.

All best

Donna

Did I see an advert on TV for this the other day? If so then I thought at the time what a great concept.

Good luck finding hosts - I am sure as word spreads there will be more people coming on board. Get as much free advertising done as possible and spread the word!

Best of luck.

Many thanks,
Natalie - Your Local Girl Friday
Who is Natalie? Ltd

Hi Steve

Thanks for the welcome. Yes slow but steady. I am concentrating on developing a host community as hosts are crucial and the mainstay of the business. Lots of marketing.

All best

Donna”

Slow and steady wins the race! 

Thanks, Rebecca, Proofreader Extraordinaire
Anarchy is as detestable in grammar as it is in society. Maurice Druon.
Pay for Precision | Proofreading, copy-editing & copywriting.

Hi Donna

How is everything going? 

Many thanks,
Natalie - Your Local Girl Friday
Who is Natalie? Ltd