Chasing Status

By : Forum Member
Published 15th June 2017 |
Read latest comment - 16th June 2017

Good afternoon all,

I am currently in the process of launching a company called Chasing Status. It is a monthly subscription service for entrepreneurs whereby for a monthly subscription fee you will receive a box containing a hand-picked business book and perhaps a gift or two.

Please check out my website at http://www.chasing-status.co.uk/ and subscribe to the newsletter for updates and a discount upon launch!

Any feedback is welcome and encouraged! Please either use the feedback form on the site or contact me directly at mburke@chasing-status.co.uk

Likewise, I'm also happy to answer any queries that you may have.

Many thanks, Maleki

Mburke
Share this post, email or print
Comments

Hello and welcome to the forum

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

Hi Maleki welcome aboard 

It's an interesting concept but also a very crowded market place with a multitude of business coaches, authors and self proclaimed gurus telling us how to become zillionaires whilst only working 5 hours a week

With so much content readily available on YouTube and audio or hard copy books pretty inexpensive, do you think there is much appetite for a paid subscription service? Or have you done lots of market research and generated enough feedback to prove you have a genuine market?

Currently listening to the audio book, Oversubscribed: How to Get People Lining Up to Do Business with You by Daniel Priestley. Absolutely fascinating and goes into detail how to penetrate a busy market by creating your own, but only launching a service/products once you are over subscribed with interest. Wish I'd read it years ago!

Did a recent post on business books if you want to comment on or maybe add your own favourites? I'll keep adding to it over time as I come across any good ones, or find ones that particularly resonate.

Business Books and Inspiration - Recommendations

Cheers Steve
Marketing & Local Search anorak
My Local Services | Join Us

Hi Steve, thank you for your feedback.

You make some very good points which I will try to address:

I completely agree that there are plenty of self-acclaimed gurus, etc.. but I make no claim to have the secret to getting rich, I just understand the importance of reading and want to promote exactly that. 

Again, you're right, there is a ton of free content on youtube and similar websites but it's the time spent vetting the source so that you don't waste your precious time listening to somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about. And in terms of the price point, I would like to think that the service will add value to the consumer, but as I will be sourcing the books in bulk direct from the publisher, I think that the difference in prices should be minimal. Additionally, the time saved researching a finding a book may be worth as much to you as the difference in pricing!

Finally, I haven't read that book before but it sounds very interesting and I'll be sure to check it out! But again, I completely agree and that's what I'm doing. Once I have a suitable number of people interested and subscribed to the newsletter (should I be so fortunate) I will launch, but not before. 

I'll be happy to add some of my favorites to your post!  

Mburke

Once I have a suitable number of people interested and subscribed to the newsletter (should I be so fortunate) I will launch, but not before. ”

Sounds like you are on the right track. If you apply the teaching from Daniel Priestly then implement using the 10x rule by Grant Cardone then you have a powerful model. Trying to work out how to retrospectively implement it myself!

Very best of luck and look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Cheers Steve
Marketing & Local Search anorak
My Local Services | Join Us

Post Reply Post a new message to this Thread