Rated Person

By : Business Owner
Published 19th November 2016 |
Read latest comment - 2nd December 2016

Anyone here used Rated Person to advertise?

Justin
Share this post, email or print
Comments

If you are referring to Rated People, my experience is pretty much in line with the Google reviews. Used them around 5 or 6 years ago, I could tell within the space of 5 minutes of signing up that all was not right with the leads. Either the same spelling mistakes were made in the job leads, same telephone number then you would find that the same lead had been sold to around 8 contractors rather than just the claimed maximum of 3.... When confronted the company denied it, however last year they contacted me with offers of a months worth of free leads, when I again asked them about their previous practices they said they no longer do it... in other words admitting that they did do it....

The problem is with these types of companies is, is that there are lots of them, too many in fact and they are all trying to make a profit in a competitive market and the only person who fronts the cost is the contractor. It's my opinion that you would over the long term be financially better off with an optimized website and using pay per click adwords..... On the other hand I'll quite happily sell you leads all day long at £15 a pop of people wanting flat pack furniture assembled.... just give me your credit card details and I'll email you a 6 month contract to sign. And as a gesture of goodwill I'll send you a £10 Amazon voucher which can be redeemed anytime after the first month....

Thanks,
Barney

I'm only going to use it to get a good reputation which I can build on from.

I've got a website being built and going to be using social media as well.

Justin

I'm only going to use it to get a good reputation which I can build on from.

I've got a website being built and going to be using social media as well.

”

As Barney says it can be quite pricey. I'm wary about companies that charge for leads. Better to pay to be a member of a scheme or site with no other charges, so you know where you are. If it is an annual scheme then past performance will dictate if you renew or not.

If you are looking to build up a positive reputation, then you simple need review sites, and you can do that for free.

I know quite a good directory and review site  But am biased

But seriously, build up google reviews, facebook reviews, trustpilot (don't upgrade, no need), and a few select directories. You will then have a good spread, and keep an eye on reputation management, ie cultivate and grow your positive online presence.

Cheers Steve
Directory & Local Search anorak
My Local Services

Post Reply Post a new message to this Thread