Easton Bevins Block Management
The process of managing residential blocks of flats is complicated so it is advisable to seek the services of a qualified managing agent.
By appointing Easton Bevins Block Management you will have assurance that the service is of the highest quality and follows the government approved RICS Service Charge Residential Management Code of practice, which sets out best practice with regards to block management. Under this Code, Easton Bevins Block Management is obliged to fulfil a number of duties which range from dealing with contractors and maintenance on the property to preparing agreements and dealing with service charge payments.
Managing a block of flats is labour intensive, and although some leaseholders may prefer to manage the property themselves, they must consider the time and effort this will take and whether or not they are willing to take on the personal responsibility and liability. Legislation which affects the management of a block of flats is constantly changing therefore compliance of the statutory regulations is essential and mandatory if you are to avoid mismanaging. Easton Bevins Block Management will keep you informed on changes in legal requirements.
For a basic fee, Easton Bevins Block Management will:-
- Issue service charge demands and collect contributions.
- Prepare and submit service charge statements.
- Prepare service charge budgets.
- Keep proper accounting records and provide information to accountants for preparation of year end accounts.
- Arrange payment for general maintenance out of funds provided and ensure that service charges and all outgoing monies are used for the purposes collected under the lease and in accordance with legislation.
- Administer building and other insurance if instructed and authorised, subject to Financial Services Authority Regulations.
- Visit the property to check its condition and deal with minor repairs to buildings, plant, fixtures and fittings.
- Carry out duties of Company Secretary.
- Deal with solicitor/sale enquiries (subject to a fee being paid by the party requesting the information)
For an additional fee, our in-house Chartered Building Surveyors will:-
- Prepare specifications, obtain tenders and supervise substantial repairs or works.
- Prepare statutory notices and deal with consultations where the Landlord and Tenant Act expenditure as amended by the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 are to be exceeded.
- Prepare replacement-cost assessments for insurance purposes.
Consider applications for alterations.
- Advise and deal with long term maintenance plans.
- Prepare Asbestos Registers under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006.
- Prepare Fire Safety Risk Assessments under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Prepare Health & Safety Risk Assessments under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
If you want independent impartial advice on managing your property from a qualified professional with good local knowledge, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Editing or updating Easton Bevins Block Management
Select here if you have forgotten or are unaware of any log-in details for this listing.
If you do not represent this listing but would like to leave a review, then visit:
The Easton Bevins Block Management review link.
DisclaimerOpinions expressed within reviews are those of the individual author and are not the views or opinions of Lowi Ltd, My Local Services or any of its employees.
If you have an issue with any review comments then please contact MLS and include as much detail as possible.
If you want to report incorrect information on this web page, then please contact MLS and outline the issue. We aim to resolve most problems within one business day.