Using reviews/quotes on your website

By : Forum Moderator
Published 21st July 2015 |
Read latest comment - 11th September 2015

Hi! I am in the midst of finally sorting out my website. About time! I am going to use some quotes from customers as I think this will work well alongside me blowing my own trumpet. But would you suggest using snippets from a few reviews or quoting big chunks? I don't want to drown in text but also think some of my reviews sound really good. I considered linking to reviews on a site (like here) but I don't want to send people off to another site before they have contacted me!

Also, are contact forms a must these days? Will having my number/email on my website attract too much spam? Or on a small site is it manageable?

Thanks

Comments
But would you suggest using snippets from a few reviews or quoting big chunks? I don't want to drown in text but also think some of my reviews sound really good.”

Personally I'd say snippets, you are looking for soundbites, "Rebecca changed my life" kind of rubbish

We have full reviews on one page, then show a few snippets on call to action pages, eg;

Ref contact form, assuming you are either having a web designer build you a site, or you are doing it yourself using wordpress or similar?

If so, contact form is simple and straightforward. No need to display your email in the clear, let visitors fill in a contact form which is then emailed to you. Adding a really simple captcha will stop 99% of spam. Here's what we use on customer pages:

Don't get a complicated one like Googles, it just winds people up

To be honest, we don't even use one on our own contact form and get minimal spam (at least from the contact form!)

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Don't really have a problem with phone number ,although I would avoid having your email linked as scrappers can then find it and you know the rest you get spam .. I was getting a lot of spam until I put a simple spam trap in place, agree with sjr4x4 don't use googles trap it has to be the worst thing about google I often end up looking elsewhere when I am accosted by it as they never work first time

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Thanks chaps. I shall find some suitably life changing quotes and speak to my website guy about a contact form. Hopefully it'll be easy enough. 

forum avatarGuest
11th September 2015 10:55 AM

Hi,

Depending on the Platform of your website for instance I use Wordpress which has a great deal of plugins that you can use for free. I use parts of the feedback I get onto my home page but if a client asks for the full page of feedback I can give them a link which has feedback from almost 2000+ customers. It does really depend are your feedback miles long or only a few lines 2-3 long etc.

As for using contact forms, it just looks more professional then just having name@yourcompany.com in text on your website, If you use forms etc on your website and have a Wordpress based website I would recommend you to use Contact Form 7 as you can modify these into forms rather then just to place on a Contact Us page.

As for numbers on your website, I wouldn't place a mobile number on your website as this can ring alarm bells, I noticed this in the first year setting up my sales was low for what I was offering but since I changed it to a geographical number my sales went up in year two my 43% and continued to grow. If you work from home or an office but don't want to pay landline costs or give out a personal landline number, speak to a company called Voipfone.co.uk.

Have a nice day.

This Thread is now closed for comments