iPad sales slump as iPhone sales soar - gadget versus business tool?

By : Administrator
Published 21st October 2014

Apple iPad sales have slumped apparently as there seems to be a worldwide decline in tablets, but sales have soared in the new bendy iPhone

Mac sales also seem to be on the up, so what's going on with the humble iPad? Is it that everyone who wants one has got a tablet now?

Must admit my iPad2 now is a good 3 years old, but going strong without any issues, as long as it doesn't have an Apple built in self destruct button!

Hopefully it should be fine for the next 3+ years, if my 2002 iPod is anything to go by 

Unlike a business laptop which seems to limp along to the 3 year old point (if we're lucky) and then is ready for retirement/bin.

I think the iPad is a great gadget, useful for a bit of surfing whilst sat on the sofa, or showing granny some photos, but I could never use it as a business tool. Maybe that's the iPads or any tablets main problem?

Where as my phone has now become a critical business tool, checking and responding to mail etc on the move. I can't imagine many business owners surviving without a smart phone these days, but do you really need a tablet?

Anyone agree/disagree or does anyone use a tablet for business?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
This Thread is now closed for comments