Hamilton win - was it manufactured?

By : Forum Member
Published 8th September 2014 |
Read latest comment - 21st November 2014

Anyone see the F1 yesterday?

Thought it was a brilliant race bit one moment has been replayed over and over, even analysed to death, was that Hamilton/Rosberg move manufactured?

Rosberg did make the same "mistake" on lap 9 when he overshot the chicane when he was 4 or 5 seconds ahead, was that just a practice to send us the dummy for real 20 laps later, or a way of scrubbing time to allow Hamilton to close?

The more i watch it the more sceptical i get. That being said, team orders are allowed so why not just tell the pair to switch on track, without the theatre?

Mercedes have closed ranks on the whole debate of the Spa incident and now this weekend, i dont think until one driver leaves that the truth or the actual punishment handed out by Mercedes 2 weeks ago will be published.

Clive
Comments

Nope - he drove a great race to now lead the championship 

Rosberg seemed humbled and keen to show his team spirit, but too little too late IMHO

Toto Wolff is quoted as saying he is eager not to allow the Championship to be won or at least affected by reliability and i really do hope that is the case as im looking forward to the last 5 races.

Its the most interesting the sport has been for a couple of years and yes Mercedes are dominating as Red Bull did for the last 4 years, at least the is a battle from the 2 Mercedes drivers and as yet the Team have not laid out any orders that will affect the Championship (that we are aware of anyway) 

Clive

Rosberg has never beaten Hamilton in a wheel to wheel battle and again yesterday despite Nico getting the jump on Lewis he out braked himself, flat spotting his tyres and was forced to pit on lap 1 ! An incredible recovery from Nico and he gained 2nd place back, but the pressure does seem to be mounting on him and he is struggling whereas Lewis is not only absorbing the pressure, he actually appears to be enjoying it.

3 races to go, its looking like a cracking finale is on the cards - dont forget though the last race of the year carries double points so lots still to do for Lewis 

Clive

What do you think of this 17 year old driver? Don't really follow the racing but it seem nuts to me. Thought idea was to get years of experience and then only the best of the best get selected for formula 1? How can he have ache vied that much when he has only turned 17. 

His old man might be an ex racer, and he might be great on an xbox, but formula 1 

Thanks,
Johno

What do you think of this 17 year old driver? Don't really follow the racing but it seem nuts to me. Thought idea was to get years of experience and then only the best of the best get selected for formula 1? How can he have ache vied that much when he has only turned 17. 

His old man might be an ex racer, and he might be great on an xbox, but formula 1 

No Johno - total agreement with you, and the paddock is rife with the same concerns.

Drivers craft their skill over years of karting and coming up through the other formulas. There have been a few younger drivers languishing around in the lower order running teams but thats down to what money they bring to the team in all honesty, but they still have some driving experience.

With the accident 2 weeks ago still prominent maybe they FIA will introduce some extra safety features and one of those could be a minimum age to join the pinnacle of motor sport.

Lets not forget the driver seriously injured was just 25, but he has spent years in the other formulas, GP2, Formula Renault, Forumla 3 to name a few. He came through the ranks as a Ferrari and Force India's test driver, before landing a full seat with Marussia in 2013....chances are he will never wake up, let alone get behind the wheel again 

Clive

Lewis can win the next 2 races and still not win the Championship if he drops out of the final race!

Again last weekend Lewis was sublime and created a superb overtake on Nico and left him in his wake. Yet again in wheel to wheel racing Lewis is the man.

He has now become the most successful British driver with 32 race wins - surely his sights are now on the late great Senna who had 41 race wins, then Prost who had 51 and of course the ultimate champion of champions, Schumacher who had 91 career wins.

Clive

I think Hamilton has it in the bag as long as he plays conservative which isnt in his nature so could be interesting.

He just has to cruise around behind Rosberg ...... time will tell

Clive

Was really looking forward to the final race of the year - it couldn't be closer !!! But i'm in Devon this weekend visiting little bro - arrrgh - will be screaming back up the m5 sunday night to watch the race that i will set up to record - best i dont watch the news all day sunday!

You really must watch this clip though - BBC News website

looks like the drivers are in a press conference & the interviewer is talking to Rosberg about the race - look at Buttons eyes when Rosberg states that Hamilton should keep the race clean - errm who ran in to who recently?? Who parked his car on the final lap of Monaco qualy, forcing Hamilton to abandon his lap ... cheeky cheating .... (edit for profanity)!

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments