Now a slave to the school holidays....

By : Administrator
Published 3rd September 2014 |
Read latest comment - 3rd September 2014

Well it had to happen and after mocking mates for many years about the lemming summer holiday ritual and getting stitched with high prices, crowded attractions, and quite frankly a sea of humanity, I'm now stuck in the same cycle

Bloody school holidays. Means now everywhere we go we are surrounded by kids. Don't get me wrong, my well behaved little angels seem to quite like having lots of snotty runny nose kids to play with. But I'm longing for the quiet camp sites, salad bars without child residue in them, and Engerland groups of parents whose sole mission is to get noisily hammered and let their kids run riot until late.

To be fair, we chose a bad caravan site and strayed from the normal tried and tested caravan club. We then thought we would box clever by sneaking in a Legoland visit on Tuesday thinking all the schools had gone back, and our eldest doesn't start her reception year until Thursday. Wrong!

I now know different parts of the country start back to school at different times! So 45 minute wait for a 2 minute train ride and a kiddie play area that resembled the English Civil war from an army of hyper active 4 - 6 year olds.

But change is as good as a rest... so they say?

Next year, it will be a letter to the head, kids down with bird flu, and we're off to France to recuperate during term time. Or just invoice me with the fine.

Looking forward to getting back to the office for a relaxing break 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

So it finally happened 

With mine rapidly approaching the age where they don't want to come away with their dad any more, i've probably only got 3 more years of inflated holiday prices  

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments