0809 hoax - heads up

By : Forum Member
Published 29th August 2014 |
Read latest comment - 8th September 2014

I dont know about you but i get sent all kinds of rubbish via email and to my Facebook page

Latest one doing the rounds is an alleged Trading Standards letter telling you of a scam regarding calling you telling you a relative has been hurt and for info you must call a 0809 number.

Just delete the email, or ignore the post on FB - its rubbish  5 seconds of Googleing and all sorts of messages pop up regarding this poor excuse of a chain email.

Just thought i'd save you the hassle of looking it up

Clive
Comments

T'other day I received an automatic phone message telling me I had to ring an 075 number to pick an important stored text ...  How much would it have cost me????

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK

Ahh that i believe is a different thing.

I've had that a few times, someone has text my house number rather than my mobile, and the phone providers now can store the message.

I thought to be honest that they rang you to give you the message not the other way round - was the message saying you have a text message from 075....?

Not a call charge expert but a 075 number is a standard mobile and will be charged as such from your landline.

Clive

Thank you for the heads-up. I think a couple of Google queries about the number will reveal everything that is needed to know about a bogus number. Thank you, Internet!

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

This Thread is now closed for comments