Ice Bucket Challenge

By : Forum Regular
Published 26th August 2014 |
Read latest comment - 11th September 2014

OK who got nominated? and did you post it on youtube?

I did...

Thanks,
Ray Priestley
Comments

Fair play Ray !

Clive

Fantastic Ray 

You can show video on the forum so added it for you.

Will confess to being out of the loop on this one, while I was on my hols

Where has all this Ice Challenge obsession come from and is it for charity or is it just a bit of fun?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Just seen an old report stating that the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Association has reported that during 29/7 - 28/8 is has received $98.2million, compared with $2.7million donated during the same time period last year.

In the UK other charities have benefited too, including my personal favourite Macmillan Cancer Support raising £3million 

Clive

Thare has been some debate about different charities cashing in on the craze, I even read tha one off the cancer charities used google ads to direct people to donate to them using the ice bucket challenge, which was originally stated in America by ALS. I donated to three charities and whilst I got some criticism from people for doing the challenge, I pointed out that I had a fun day with my family, the challenge had prompted debate and most people did donate.

what did make me angry was the Eco warriors claiming it was a waste of water and people in Africa were starving while we pored water on the floor...I pointed out that water in the uk is not a scarce resource, it was not wasted and the charities did benefit.

i may try the cock in a sock challenge next..you have been warned...

Thanks,
Ray Priestley

This Thread is now closed for comments