The EU says you can't have a decent Hoover!

By : Administrator
Published 21st August 2014 |
Read latest comment - 26th August 2014

Did you know from 1st September, an EU directive comes into force that bans the import or manufacture of vacuum cleaners above 1600 watts!

Basically they are talking about the average vacuum cleaner you have at home. Instead you will have to replace your hoover with a lower powered energy efficient model, which will save the planet but not collect so much dust 

According to the Beeb, Dyson are challenging this and in a recent Which survey, 5 out of the top 7 best sellers all had motors over 1600 watts.

Wonder how this will affect commercial cleaning companies or if they will get dispensation?

So the another cracking EU directive to be filed with the wrong shape bananas, or a valid and fair point that is addressing climate change?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Well it's another way of creating jobs, guess it won't take long before the con men start telling old ladies they have to scrap their old expensive Dyson cleaners and buy an even more expensive super dooper Eco friendly, save the whale and plant a tree "Dyson special 1599 watt hover" made in China by friends of the dalilama....

oh if it helps I had a crap day at work...!

Thanks,
Ray Priestley

oh if it helps I had a crap day at work...!

Oh dear  Wondered where you had been hiding. Tried tempting you with G4S back in profit - wonder what Ray thinks? 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

The sooner we get a vote on getting the F*** out of Europe the better.

Bunch of paper pushing bureaucrats with a fetish for straight fruit & veg 

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments